Hi from Delaware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 46033

Reaction score
Hi from Delaware, just got back into model rocketry this november after 30 years of rockets were stolen/destroyed by someone I knew in 2013.
Been busy re-buying the OOP ones I had (missing two now out of the 30 old ones that were my favorites).
Plan to rejoin nar in the spring when it's warmer and I can scout out larger launch places (last time I launched there were big empty school yards/fields, now they are small with buildings so I need to scout).
But like I said, it's build time winter. Have 4 done out of the 28 (meaning 24 left to build) then either paint in the basement or wait til spring.
It's good to be back, I missed this hobby and things have changed (no more chemical dope to seal the fins, better over all quality and safety).

Nice to meet you all

Hi from Delaware, just got back into model rocketry this november after 30 years of rockets were stolen/destroyed by someone I knew in 2013.
Been busy re-buying the OOP ones I had (missing two now out of the 30 old ones that were my favorites).
Plan to rejoin nar in the spring when it's warmer and I can scout out larger launch places (last time I launched there were big empty school yards/fields, now they are small with buildings so I need to scout).
But like I said, it's build time winter. Have 4 done out of the 28 (meaning 24 left to build) then either paint in the basement or wait til spring.
It's good to be back, I missed this hobby and things have changed (no more chemical dope to seal the fins, better over all quality and safety).

Nice to meet you all
You live very close to one of the most prolific clubs in all of rocketry. MDRA! Next Launch will be Jan 6th and 7th, including Christmas Trees!
https://mdrocketry.org/

>> rockets were stolen/destroyed by someone I knew in 2013.

Sounds like my sister! :p

Welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted on your builds.
well i have 6 down since monday cause sanding and sealing no longer require a heavy "dope" chemical like they did 23 years ago lol, the BUILD is easy, its the balsa that takes the time

You live very close to one of the most prolific clubs in all of rocketry. MDRA! Next Launch will be Jan 6th and 7th, including Christmas Trees!
https://mdrocketry.org/

well i was in the FB MDRA group and the admin of the rocketry buy and sell group got me kicked out of everything because i asked about the porta potty kit to make a tardis then got in to a dr who conversation in the B&S FB group so he defriended me (after selling me kits), banned me from the B&S group and got me kicked out of the estes group on FB. I dont know if i want to be a part of a group if there are people like that in real life who wont talk to you before kicking you in the chestnuts. I mean i'd LIKE to but after what that dude did cause i went on a tangent with the same subject trying to buy something, i'd rather just have the insurance from NAR and go low powered and find a field or pay the guy who owns a farm that we know.
I'm sorry, that dude is a a$$ on fb, made me want to quit but instead i bought 18 more kits from the guy he was warning everyone about (which is BS, cause that dude ships fine and he bought a estate sale)

glad to be here, been building all week. Amazing how things are so much easier and faster now once you're older when it comes to building them.

make a point of going to MDRA's red glare. It's the biggest regional launch in the area

This is awesome. What sort of rockets are you interested in building?

I'm main building estes kits up to the 29mm F pro series II stuff and kits/custom kits from bad boy rocketry. Been getting all my old OOP kits that I had until someone took them in 2013 back and building them.

thank you all for the warm welcomes!
Funny thing, I was cleaning out some old stuff and found a NAR sticker (from 20+ years ago) unused in a box of garbage pail kids and stickers (so yeah, has to be from the 80s maybe) it's a center peel both sides off, its a backwards white circle with nar logo in the center (meaning it's one you have to stick on the inside of the glass). But still new lol

Welcome, glad you are here.

Lots of times, people mess up, misunderstand, and then jump to conclusions, and then hurt others. I have to remind myself that most of the time it is not actually personal.

Then there are some people who have a spirit that just does not jive with mine. I try to avoid them as best I can.

Sorry you had a bad experience man, most everyone here is cool.

I hope you will give a organized launch a chance. It is very fun, and most of the people are intelligent, creative, and fun to be around.

Welcome, glad you are here.

Lots of times, people mess up, misunderstand, and then jump to conclusions, and then hurt others. I have to remind myself that most of the time it is not actually personal.

Then there are some people who have a spirit that just does not jive with mine. I try to avoid them as best I can.

Sorry you had a bad experience man, most everyone here is cool.

I hope you will give a organized launch a chance. It is very fun, and most of the people are intelligent, creative, and fun to be around.
Oh I will definately show up to hang out at one or come to launch, the farm that the one that is md/de is just to far for me to get a ride to from where im at in delaware right now (toll roads and a hour+ so I doubt I'll make the next one, but spring/summer are better for me)

It's all good, I'm glad its winter cause it's build time. but some things I can't build cause certain parts need to be painted before assembly so those few need to wait til spring too. But I have 11 down since november waiting for spring for 2 coats of primer then a coat of white primer and the final color scheme.

Back