Hey Geof...4"?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohica

Reaction score
Did I mention the 4" version I was working on? :D I threw it together tonight...

acn_4inch.jpg

acn_4inch_1.jpg

Alright, I've had enough of this. Posting all of this cool stuff without even plans for one?!;):p

So...what kind of motor mount does it have?

You know, on that 4" I was able to see the fin/bt lines much better. I really like the fluid design.

Thanks people. AK...I take horrible pictures. When you combine that with my penchant to paint everything dark it's even worse. Heres the 3" version with a few decals I had stuffed in a drawer...

The 3" and 4" versions are 3x24mm. 29mm versions are planned...i'm waiting on some tubing. The other versions (T-20, 50, 60, 70, and 80) are 13mm and 18mm with a couple clusters thrown in for seasoning.

Peartree...Today I built the 4" and a T-20 based 13mm. The 4" took about 4 hours from the first body tube cut to the coat of smoke gray paint. It still needs some detail work. My wife works alternate weekends so when she's working I lock myself in the rocket shop with an Amp and hit it hard till she gets home. It also helps that I have a ton of tools and of course supplies readily at hand.

JJ...I may kit one sometime next year. It's hard to decide which one and with my new position at work I am gone a considerable amount of time. We'll see what shakes out.

msurocketgurl...lock the door!

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words...:D

3inch_2.jpg

3inch_1.jpg

Cool. I'm at my parents house with the kids for Tday. I'll write more later, and give an update on "Sephydra".

G

Man I wish I could see that sucker Fly!!!:cry:
You should bring up to E town in dec.

Cj :D

First flight was supposed to be today (pre-Thanksgiving entertainment) but winds are gusting toward the outrageous this morning and the forecast is not promising. As for E Town....Thats a thought depending on my schedule.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow and go back to my rocket-building!

Bohica, what did you make those fins out of? I'm debating the choices for my current project. I'm also wondering about the template for the tube's bevel cut. There's software to make straight bevels, but it looks like yours is curved.

G

Back