Here are Marc's Totally Insane scratch built Fat Boy Rockets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me all those nose cones eject with streamers!!! Cause that would make them even more epic.. nice fatboys

Wow... that is a totally insane collection of Fat boys! I can't imagine wiring up some of those cluster though... or are you using a flash pan?

Either way, your success rate with clusters that big is impressive! I'm happy when my three motor clusters all light together :)

Boy that is a lot of motor preparation. Looking forward to seeing them! 1 week and counting.

No flash pans. I don't like flash pans. They seem kind of reckless and dangerous to me. All hard wired Estes igniters.

All the motor prep is done! It gets really tedious and boring after a while. Now just making sure I don't forget some critical item. One more week!

Your a Fat Boy hoarder! :lol: Hope you get some good video.

While I wouldn't go down that path, looking at your site really cracked me up! It just keeps getting more and more ridiculous! Plus some of the ones with little tubes attached would look cool even without them being used for engines.

I wonder about the stability on the triple one. 3x the airframe, same fins. Plus I think the valleys between the tubes could invalidate the assumption that the airframe doesn't get much hold on the air. A friend was talking about building a double rocket, also longer, which I think would really have problems.

[I wonder about the stability on the triple one. 3x the airframe, same fins. Plus I think the valleys between the tubes could invalidate the assumption that the airframe doesn't get much hold on the air. A friend was talking about building a double rocket, also longer, which I think would really have problems.[/QUOTE]

I'll find out on October 27th when I launch it. However it goes, I'll lay it out there on the web site. ShOuLd Be InSaNe!!!!

-Marc
NAR L3 75263
TRA L3 14140

[I wonder about the stability on the triple one. 3x the airframe, same fins. Plus I think the valleys between the tubes could invalidate the assumption that the airframe doesn't get much hold on the air. A friend was talking about building a double rocket, also longer, which I think would really have problems.]

Well, I flew them, and the triple one was actually quite stable. It flew great. I put photos and videos of them all up on the web site:

https://www.marcsfatboyfleet.zapto.org/

Marc

I don't think I've bought enough motors this year that would fill up that last one:shock:

Back