help with OR..?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Soto

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
so.. i've build my zephyr and have input the weight/CG into OR (using override). this said on the Apogee site the H100 is listed as flying to about 2000'.

this said, when i plug in my values into OR i'm totally getting a different altitude.. like over a thousand feet lower difference. I've included 2 screen shots of what appogee and OR has.

what i have is:

weight w/o motor : 2.15 lbs
weight w/ motor: 3.08 lbs
CG: 40.75" (or real close to that, with the motor)
Zephyr.ork file (attached)

I'm wondering if someone with more experience could verify what i have from OR. which is that the Zephyr is only flying to 627' on an H100W. i was viewing another thread this morning about lower power motors versus more punch-out.. .and now thinking i should have gone with an shorter burn H for more umph, off the rail. Of course, if someone has the Apogee Rocksim application and has the necessary measurements maybe that would work also.

any help would be appreciated,

ron-

Attachments

• Screenshot h100.png
    Screenshot h100.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot or.png
    Screenshot or.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Apogee Zephyr.ork
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
yup... i added the total weight on top of the total weight... i only needed to add the grams over the base rocket. all good.. looking at 1950' now.

thanks.. i appreciate your help.

ron-
You bet.

Back