3D Printing Help needed to test Rail Buttons.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I just finished a design for rail buttons that is more ideal for resin printers. I need some volunteers to test 1010 (#6/32 screw), 1515(10-24 screw), and Unistut buttons(1/4-20 screw). Please like the thread and respond with which one you want. Supplies are limited but I will send them to you free of charge.

How many of each are you sending out?
I need a good 2-3 flights of each button. I have flown 4 myself on 1010 and 1515 each. I feel if I get 3 flights on each of them I am good. I am not worried about Unistrut, but if someone will fly them, I will send them a set.

Chuck, building a testing buck right now and I could test 1010 buttons. I could either go fast or heavy. lemme know if I can help. This is for antique avionics. I have prolly 30-40 G80's and a couple dozen G40's to burn. I could hit some bigger stuff at Lucern if it's not too hot. Our test range is closed until Oct. Tell me what you'd like for parameters.

I will send you some 1010, 1515, and Unistrut. Give me a week to come home to mail them. I am stuck in a far off land for 1 week.

Chuck, whenever is good, stay safe wherever you are. Are you just looking for wear patterns, structural durabilty, or mounting concerns?

Back