Help! Need to ship rocket engines to Asia.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeboygo

Reaction score
Peace!

I am new to rocketry and thought it would be a great thing to get into with my nephew. The problem is, he lives in the Philippines. I purchased an Estes Kit and a Blastoff Pack to go with it. I need to find a way to ship the engines from California, where I live, to Manila.

I knew I wouldn't be allowed to take the engines with me on an airplane. But I just learned that I can't mail them through the US Postal Service either, and UPS, FedEx and DHL will not take them. I thought sending them by cargo ship would work, since no aircraft would be involved, but all the international freight forwarders I spoke with can't be bothered with it. In this day and age is it actually physically impossible to ship this little box to the Philippines? After all our mighty progress are we really incapable of transporting these things without fear of blowing things up?

Alternatively, if anybody knows of an Estes dealer in Manila, please let me know so I could purchase the engines there instead. My nephew has been so looking forward to blasting off (me too) it would be awful to show up there just to tell him it isn't happening.

Help please.

Just send them in a Balik Bayn Box it's go by ship so no problem. Search for a Filipino stores or community center they will tell you where to get the box, my wife send a lot of stuff to her mom in this kind of box, it cost $ 80 door to door ( Canada - Philippines Province ) It'S a big box ; 2 x 2 x 2 feet

Just send them in a Balik Bayn Box it's go by ship so no problem. Search for a Filipino stores or community center they will tell you where to get the box, my wife send a lot of stuff to her mom in this kind of box, it cost $ 80 door to door ( Canada - Philippines Province ) It'S a big box ; 2 x 2 x 2 feet
Sorry but rocket motors are hazardous material so you can't just put them in a box and put them on a ship without proper documentation in any old box without proper packaging and labeling..... Contact Estes directly at https://www.estesrockets.com/contact-us or call any major on-line vendor that ships via FedEx or UPS. They may be able to help you.

Last edited:
Back