Get Ready To Write Your Senator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPONGE

Reaction score
For those who have not seen this yet....

To all ARSA Members,

Next week, we will be calling on all fifty states to write and phone
their US Senators. This will be in support of an exemption for rocketry
materials from the Safe Explosives Act. A major announcement will be
made next week in the US Senate and we want to time your letters and
phone calls with that announcement.

We will be putting up information you need on "talking points" for your
letter and phone calls plus the names of all your Senators, their
addresses, fax numbers and phone numbers. This information will be
provided on:

www.space-rockets.com/congress.html

Please notify as many people as you can about this so we can get a major
response from our fellow rocketeers. This will be the time many of you
have been waiting for, we must not hold anything back. I cannot stress
how important a big response from each of you is to the success of this
effort.

We will be sending and posting more information as the time approaches.
For now, get the word out on the street to assemble the troops and get
ready for action.

You may repost this anywhere you wish.

John Wickman

:D :cool:

Now's our chance to be PROACTIVE and do something about the Safe Explosive's Act adverse effects on Rocketry. Right now, even shipments of Estes model rocket motors are being affected by this act! Unless you want to see ALL rocketry (not just High-Power) grind to a screeching halt, let's hear from you next week.

I have sent my fax letter .. my fellow club members are responding as well... Finally, I feel like I have made a contribution ,in some way,twords a positive outcome.
..I can only hope many others will do the same.
I'm sure many TRF members will...

It's great to be eager about this initiative, but I think they have a real strategy going on here, and part of it is about the timing. Wait till they say it's our time to write...then write, call, fax you ever-lovin' heart out. But wait till we get the go-ahead so we can do this as a united front. Don't just let your club know either...grab your entire email list and send them the link (MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE LINK SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY CALL AND WRITE) and explain it to them. I have a bunch of people I work with and just plain know otherwise who are on the bandwagon just because they think rocketry is cool as all get-out, even if they don't do it themselves.

I have penned and am ready to fax my two Kansas senators and 4th district congressman my plea regarding hobby rocketry. I am waiting on the signal to fax each of them my letter. We all need to be involved.

Swimmer

Mine has already been typed since yesterday. It is ready to go as soon as I hear the word.

Can someone post an example?

I'm more into rockets as a spectator and I'm not sure what the details are but would love to send a letter as well. I know it has to do with motors but that's about it. :(

I want to help too! :)

This kinda reminds me of the movie "October Sky" when Homer is banned from flying rockets and they decided to burn down their launch facility.

Somehow, I almost feel like its already over. Sure, I'll be typing and faxing my letter, but the thought of rocketry actually going away makes me sick. I just hope Whitakers isn't my last hoorah.

Sometimes I think Aerotech burning down was a conspiracy, not an accident.

Ah well. Maybe I'll propel my rockets with large bungee cords. Instead of rocket propulsion, I'll fling my rocket in the sky with a mammoth slingshot. <sarcastic remark in regards to the silliness of it all>

...and your club has done demonstrations and/or Make It/Take-It sessions with Scout groups, 4H groups, Children's Museum groups or anything, please contact their leaders, link them to the ARSA page, let them know that this could even affect the services we can provide them if the BATFE continues in the same manner. Perhaps they will be willing to join the effort and help us out.

People,
Don't procrastinate! Get your letters written and ready to go. When the word comes, I'll make sure to post here also.
The web page has been updated with the addresses, phone and fax numbers for
all Senators. We have also provided background information to help people
write their letters.

www.space-rockets.com/congress.html

The "Go" signal will be announced on the web page as well as via email. As
we have been flooded in the last few days by people wanting to get on the
list, we have been unable to keep the list current. I want to thank so many
of you who have helped get us to this point where we are on "standby" and
ready to go. We expect an outpouring of support to hit the US Senate that
has never been seen before in rocketry history. Many of you have set up
vast email networks and gotten the word out under difficult conditions and
some opposition, I want to thank you. The success of this effort would not
be possible without you.

Now, the hard part. We wait for the "Go" signal. It will come this week.
I will try to give as much notice as possible. I would recommend checking
the above web page daily just in case your email gets lost.

You may repost this anywhere you wish.

John Wickman

Hi Guys

This is my first post, I have been reading The Rocketry Forum for about a year now but never felt strong enough to post until now.
Does anyone know what the big rocket companys are doing about this shipping problem? I think it is great that we are writing are senators but a company like Estes is not just going to let them selfs go out of business with out a fight?

Thanks
Bill from Southington Ct.

Hey KermieD

You gave me a great idea! I was wondering if Estes is even aware that they will be having a shipping problem. I emailed Christine at Estes, she has been great to me in the past with parts and stuff. Also I asked her to send a reply to The Rocketry Forum. I think that we need to get all of the rocket companys involved in this before it sneaks up on them.

Bill from Southington Ct.

I been envolved with this hobby since 1986.... I wonder if the hobby will be around to pass along to my future family. Will the future Children of America get the opertunity to build model rocketry in Jr High or High Schools in the future? I hate politics; but my letters to my state senators are written. Please don't let this hobby die :(

Latest posts

Back