function of a swirler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's definitely one way to do it, but this is a hobby forum and you're not likely to find much help with liquid rocket engines here.
Thanks a lot can you advice me a more appropriate place ?

That's definitely one way to do it, but this is a hobby forum and you're not likely to find much help with liquid rocket engines here.
my question is that : does the hot gas could transform the liquide into a gas to, at the end of the swirler's nozzle

my question is that : does the hot gas could transform the liquide into a gas to, at the end of the swirler's nozzle
There are multiple problems with this A: Swirl injectors only work with liquid prepollents B: Your injector is going to blow up because you are using gaseous hydrogen C: You are going to get poor atomization of the propellant's even if you used a liquid oxidizer and fuel To answer your question no because you wont have an injector. Assuming that it would work with out blowing up, that is not the point of a swirl injector. The point of a swirl injector is to A: get the propellant's into the combustion chamber B: To atomize the fuel and oxidizer to get symmetric burning. Why are you wanting to know this??? It seams like you have done no research or even read a relevant textbook like Rocket Propulsion Elements. You should also gain access to the research forum if you are wanting to talk to people doing similar things.

There are multiple problems with this A: Swirl injectors only work with liquid prepollents B: Your injector is going to blow up because you are using gaseous hydrogen C: You are going to get poor atomization of the propellant's even if you used a liquid oxidizer and fuel To answer your question no because you wont have an injector. Assuming that it would work with out blowing up, that is not the point of a swirl injector. The point of a swirl injector is to A: get the propellant's into the combustion chamber B: To atomize the fuel and oxidizer to get symmetric burning. Why are you wanting to know this??? It seams like you have done no research or even read a relevant textbook like Rocket Propulsion Elements. You should also gain access to the research forum if you are wanting to talk to people doing similar things.
The fact is that I heard that swirlers were used for mixing gas and liquid. But every draw I saw only shaw liquid injection, like the famous coaxial swirler injector of the copenhagen suborbital that only mix liquid (I think).
What will create the explosion ?
And my idea was to maximize the atomisation. Just an idea from a student that have a lot to learn.
Thank yoou for thebook advice and for the forum too.

Thanks for your message.
How could I gain access to the research forum ?

How could I gain access to the research forum ?
It requires having a NAR or TRA Level 2 high power rocketry certification, and requires being a "US person" under the ITAR law, i.e. being a US citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder). So, guessing by your English in the several posts above, you probably can't.

I'd second @SpaceX76's suggestion that a text book is a much better source than a hobby forum. Also, you might try a nearby university, as effective liquid bipropellant propulsion is a very advanced topic that one is unlikely to master on one's own, and certainly can't from a single book.

Back