From a satisfied customer.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickburst

Reaction score
The subject is the new Hot Shot Conductive Dip:

David,

Way, way to late, I apologize.

First, this is an amazing product. Much easier than wire wrapping nichrome and much more effective. I fired 25 38mm 3 grain motors for characterization and used these. I used a pyrodex pellet at the head end grain. I dipped 20 igniters to test, and then another batch of 50. Out of the 20 I had one fail. It failed due to being dropped and cracking. I used a 12V car battery and a 12V SLA battery. Ignition was within 3 seconds each time, if not sooner. I ohm checked the first 10, then after I was confident in my dipping I didn't check them.

I used the wire provided as well as the bell wire that comes with garage doors and some stranded speaker wire as well. All worked equally. I used an automatic stripper than pulled the insulation away and set it to the depth you recommended. I dipped a thin layer first, let dry, then one more to increase thickness. Final thickness was around the width of the insulation. The only chance to the instructions I would make is to BOLD the sentence that states to roll a pencil over the oxidizer packet. I almost missed it in a hurry to mix everything.
Again, I apologize. This is an amazing product and to work the first time is well worth it - I've tried to make my own before as well as nichrome igniters and this beats them hands down.

See: https://www.quickburst.net/new_hot_shot_page.htm

QuickBurst

Back