Friede: The Rocket From "Frau im Mond"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeroadster

When in doubt... build hell-for-stout!
Reaction score
Lots of leftover and unused rocket footage from going way over budget on Metropolis. Fritz can make a whole new silly movie and recover some of the losses from the first. Great Art Deco design from the cabaret days of the late Weimar Republic. Good Times! Party on!

Definitely want a good stand off if you have a horizontal blast plate, the blow back can be unpleasant if motor is close to plate.
I am confused, what are you talking about the pad or the aluminum foil?
Babar is referring to the deflector plate, on the launch pad.​
Maybe aluminum foil to be sure?
Nah, I'll just let er rip. My launch horse has a bucket of water, no blast plate, so no blow back.​

Babar is referring to the deflector plate, on the launch pad.​

Nah, I'll just let er rip. My launch horse has a bucket of water, no blast plate, so no blow back.​
Ok I was thinking putting it as a “skin” for the parts it the line of fire to get rid of all that O2 will stop a stray spark from starting a fire.

Woman in the Moon. I can see it!

I know some old dudes looking for PC decals of "nose art" women they can put on retro German Rockets. I give them very strict guidelines as they tend to be problematic in our modern age. It might have flown at the 20th Century Yoshiwara's club in Metropolis, but not at a modern, 21st century launch site. The roaring 20's were way too naughty.

Back