GO Flying at BattlePark (Culpeper VA) on 2/24 and 2/25

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather is looking good. Finally a decent weekend. Looking forward to it!

I'm planning on being there Sunday and hope to fly a variety of mid/high power stuff. Nothing too crazy or wild, but here is the tentative list:

DARE 101(EZI-65 like clone): H169WL
DARE 101: J270 L2 cert flight
LOC Graduator: E28; G80
OG Laser LOC 1.5: Aerotech F20
Scratch-built 4FNC: G80 or G125, maybe G138
LOC Viper IV: 4X Estes E12
Variety of small Estes stuff...I will probably run out of time.

@2-0turbo NICE!!!

It is going to be a busy weekend out at BattlePark, with lots of large collegiate contest test flights and other large projects on the docket. Will be a memorable weekend to be sure.

I am bringing several of my EX motors to fly as time allows.

Update from @Theory this morning in an email thread I though I would share here for anyone considering coming to the launch this weekend:

The launch scheduled for this weekend 2/24 and 2/25 is a GO! Saturday we are looking at some decent, yet flyable wind and a forecast cloud ceiling of about 4K AGL. This is important as we cannot fly into clouds and we cannot have rockets drift off of our field and land on private property. It will be the call of the RSO and LCO to hold or deny flights as conditions dictate. Hopefully this let's you plan a little on what rockets you fly which days.

We should have some better forecasts for Sunday winds/clouds later today. Sunday I think will be the better day, but I think Saturday will offer plenty of opportunities as well. Hope to see you all there!

We had a great weekend of flying at Battlepark this weekend! I was only able to make one day (Sunday), but it was a good day for flying. Ken from Performance Hobbies showed up on Sunday and was satisfying everyone’s APCP addiction.

If you missed this one, don’t worry! Next launch is only 2-weeks away on Feb 9-10. Come join us and fly some rockets.

Back