GO BattlePark Launch - Culpeper VA 2/10 and 2/11

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theory

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
C'mon out and fly with us at BattlePark this weekend.

The range opens at 10:00AM both days. Please keep and eye on www.battlepark.org for updates. Note any flight that will exceed 7000 feet above ground level and/or flights that will be powered by over 2560 Newton Seconds of total impulse (an ‘L’ motor) require pre-approval.

Ken Allen and Performance Hobbies will be at this launch as well.

See you this weekend!!!!!

C'mon out and fly with us at BattlePark this weekend.

The range opens at 10:00AM both days. Please keep and eye on www.battlepark.org for updates. Note any flight that will exceed 7000 feet above ground level and/or flights that will be powered by over 2560 Newton Seconds of total impulse (an ‘L’ motor) require pre-approval.

Ken Allen and Performance Hobbies will be at this launch as well.

See you this weekend!!!!!
What's the top end of your waiver there?

@rfjustin the "the top end" of our celling is is limited by 14 CFR 101

To ensure compliance with 14 CFR 101 Sub Parc C, we are really restricted to just over 7,000. That said, a 7,000 foot flight at our field is quite high. Most flights are 5,000' or less.

I’m planning on Sunday! Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend. This week is great, but it gets a little iffy towards the end.

Hoping to fly my Dare 101 on a J270 for cert flight. Maybe some H/I flights to warm things up. Probably bring at least one kid and fly Estes too.

An update from @Theory late last night (he is probably driving this morning). The launch is ON for today, Saturday.

Sunday Feb 11 is SCRUBBED due to weather.

Next launch in two weeks, Feb 24 & 25.

Thank you for that 2-0turbo. Yes, unfortunately the very low ceiling and constant threat of rain is forcing us to cancel tomorrow.

Thank you to all that came out today. We had 88 flights total, 37 high power, 51 low/mid power and one awesome static test, motor was an M1088.

Next launch is on the 24th and 25th. See you all in two weeks!!

-Sean

Thank you to all that came out today. We had 88 flights total, 37 high power, 51 low/mid power and one awesome static test, motor was an M1088.
Cool! Hate I missed it. It rained off and on in Lynchburg all day, so not sure how the weather was for you guys 120 miles north. Today, Sunday, is a complete washout here so far, so good call on cancelling—looks like no fun to be outside this morning.

Did you get to test any of your EX motors? I know at the last meeting several folks were discussing doing some static tests. Looking forward to some pics or video of the M test.

Yes, both EX motors worked great! The 4 grain I400 was particularly impressive. Picture below, full video to be uploaded to my YouTube later today

IMG_9163.png

Sadly not sure if there is a video of the M1088 static test. Very similar propellant to the I motor I flew.

Back