Fly Me!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like the length of the thread,the plethra of pictures, and the humor. It's been educational as well.

I agree ,plenty to learn and absorbe.Some folk may not like it ,or understand it ,and to those.....keep building your 3 FNC ,but to visit here and degrade the build and make derogatory comments and insinuations makes me quite angry!

If you don`t want to learn new techniques or have a short attension span or perhaps a personal vendetta ,you should probably not visit this thread.....it`s pretty easy to avoid.It`s a sad thing to see these pokes and jabs over a rocket build ,when it should be in all good fun !

Breaks my heart to see this kind of stuff ,and sets a bad example for new and younger rocketeers.

Not picking sides ,but some civility and less emotional dislike may be the order of the day.

Sincerely

Paul T ( it`s easy to be made of steel behind a keyboard ,but I would gladly go face to face with a human.....know what i mean ?)

...makes me quite angry!

... it should be in all good fun !

...but I would gladly go face to face with a human.....know what i mean ?)

Wow, your post was something I could respect right up until you made a threat of violence. So making sure we know that you'd be willing to beat us up will keep us from giving our opinions? Nice.

Paul. Awesome post.

My two cents stays the same as it was;

Leave the thread. Why must you bitch, cry, and moan in a post about a thread you are obviously displeased with rather than simply unsubscribe and move on? Move on already.

Please,... bradycros, proceed where we left off.

Yeh...what he said...now, where were we?

I'm waiting for the final finish and decals.

Eh, it takes all kinds. I haven't exactly cranked out the build threads around here. When I get motivated to build something I usually build it in a night or so and documenting the "action" is a low priority. I really don't have the patience for documenting a build thread, I'm the kind of guy who bites the Tootsie Pop after a few licks. So I can respect anyone who takes the time to share with the community no matter how long (or little) it takes. Let's not kid ourselves though, even with the do hickeys, do dads and gadgetry this is still just a 4fnc build that has gone on for a long, long, long time.

I like the effect of the dodads or doo-hickeys or whatever under the red paint. I find the effect rivetting.

It does add a very nice effect ,I like it !!!!

Hey ,is that paint that crappy old Krylon stuff ?:wink:

Paul T

Got a coat of (the uber crappy? :wink:) Krylon White Gloss on before hurricane Sandy turned the weather to uber S#%t!

All the boring gee-gaws really came thru to make the Sparrow look much more agressive then it would have otherwise.

A thin burgundy stripe still needs to go on when the weather improves. Then it's decal time.

Expand each photo several times for a visual treat.

Sparrow 407.jpg

Sparrow 401.jpg

Freek`n awesome T.....I could not have done it better if I wanted to !

See there ,all the crap you glued on was worth it wasn`t it LOL !!!!!!

Can`t wait to see `er with the decals on.

shhhhhh (I like Krylon too :wink:)

Take care

Paul T

Still following and still impressed. What did you use for the doo hickeys, do dads and whatchamacallits?

Waiting for shots of this puppy in flight.

Got a coat of (the uber crappy? :wink:) Krylon White Gloss on before hurricane Sandy turned the weather to uber S#%t!

All the boring gee-gaws really came thru to make the Sparrow look much more agressive then it would have otherwise.

A thin burgundy stripe still needs to go on when the weather improves. Then it's decal time.

Expand each photo several times for a visual treat.

Wow, that is incredible!

Sweeet!! The Do-dads, thingydos and whatchimicallits make a profound difference over the standard tube, fins and nosecone. Very well played Sir!!!

Sweeet!! The Do-dads, thingydos and whatchimicallits make a profound difference over the standard tube, fins and nosecone. Very well played Sir!!!

And you, Sir, have a good eye for the details!

There can't be many days with temperatures good enough for painting outdoors left in November, if any at all, so I masked the Sparrow for a accent stripe.

I'll need to get'er done today dispite the very gusty winds, the weather foresast for the next week is cold and wet.

Sparrow 408.jpg

There can't be many days with temperatures good enough for painting outdoors left in November, if any at all, so I masked the Sparrow for a accent stripe.

I'll need to squirt some paint today dispite the very gusty winds, the weather foresast for the next week is cold and wet.

Got some paint squirted between the gusts and blowing winds.

Sparrow 409.jpg

Attachments

• Sparrow 408.jpg
    Sparrow 408.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
Back