Flush PRO-75 Casing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsman

Reaction score
What's the best way to remove the thurst ring on PRO-75 casing without damaging the casing? I want to use it in a minimum diameter staging application and need the outside of the casing to be flush.

This will only be flown at a research event, so it doesn't matter if it's considered "modifying the motor."

Do you already have the case? You could get/borrow an AMW case with a hubcap adapter and fly w/o a thrust ring

Ask your dealer to get you one. CTI can do them without the thrust rings.

I'll consider the AMW option, but to me it looks like extra mass and pain to try to do what I want to do. The rocket is minimum diameter and optimized for the M840, and you've got to drag around a good bit of extra mass (and length to the rocket) with the spacer and hubcap and extra casing.

I'm going to ask Tim at Wildman and see if I can get one from CTI without the thrust ring for not too much hassle.

Jeroen, you wouldn't also happen to have a thrust curve for the Pro 75 6GXL Imax would you?

Back