Fliskits L-13

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Nothing better than building a scale rocket, twice as good building a Robert Goddard design. Fliskits always puts a good product out and this one was no exception. I even enjoyed looking at the kit card packaging because the design and artwork is outstanding and very attractive. In fact, I would really like it to be offered as a poster!

The kit is easy to assemble with the provided instructions. In fact, the hardest part of the entire project is the paint job which is often the case. I used all Duplicolor paint and it turned out nice. I enjoyed every minute of building the L-13 and can't wait to move on to the Nell. Great Job on this one Jim, can thank you enough for making this kit, and the Nell available to us!

Can't wait to fly the L-13, should be a great show. Now we need the MMX version of the L-13.

FliskitsL-13.jpg

John,

Thank you :) Yeah, I'm very proud of those two and even love the current catalog with the matching cover :)

Poster? Hmmmm... that's an idea...

Keep us posted on the flight of your L-13 and also on the Nell build!

jim

I really like my L-13, one of the better scale jobs I've done.

However, motor choice is tricky. It's somewhat underpowered on a B6-2, but wobbly on a C6-3.

Not that I don't already have too many unbuilt rockets sitting on the bench,
along with too many half built rockets. But having too many rockets is akin
to having too much ammo and too many guns. hehehehehehe.

Well, today I placed an order for 3 more rockets. Jonrocket got the order,
but I ordered a Delta-IV heavy, L-13 and the Nell.

Nice to see some members are already hard at work, not to mention one very
handsome young man modelling the model!

Back