First design goes up.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana

Reaction score
I bought Rocksim a couple of weeks ago and design this rocket. I wanted a mini engine rocket that would have good performance and good size. It seems like most mini-engine rockets are magic trick rockets, ie. push the button, a puff of smoke, and then it's gone!

Rocksim said 450', and that seems about right. The only rocket I've ever had fly as straight up as this one did in a breeze is my Zooch Jupiter C. Viva la Rocksim!

I flew it twice and discovered when loading for #3 that a fin was missing. It was the first time I've used a semroc tube, and they must be slicker than estes tubes. The fin came off clean withought tearing the tube and some of the paint came off when I removed the masking tape.

Oh, I've given it the imaginitive name "Design 1". :)

design1%200.jpg

Nice design. Looks kind of like a two stage bird. Also has a bit of Omega DNA.

Thanks sid. I'm proud of it, but people always think thier own children are cute. ;)

Quite a feeling, isn't it? Getting something out of your head up into the air just rocks. I like your design!

Great job, and cool looking.

Yeah, I always sand the tube where the fins attach with 60-80 grit sandpaper to make sure. I even sand the rest of the tube, not with the same grit just so primer, paint, etc. doesn't have any excuse to seperate.

Michael

Back