Finding your rocket in a corn field

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the link works.... This is an 3 pack for $ 10.89. I don't see a 1-off near that low a per piece price.

Emergency Personal Alarm, 3 Pack 140DB Personal Siren with LED Lights, Personal Panic Alarm for Men, Women, Children, Elderly Emergency Security Alarm, Self Defense Electronic Device https://a.co/d/0MYSonq

A screamer, eh? Can I get one with a piercing female scream from a horror movie?

mtnmanak,
Where can get a screamer for less than $4?

Thanks!

Depends...

If you are looking for the kind that goes in a rocket, see post #3.

If you are looking for someone to spice up your personal life, it is going to be difficult to find someone under $4. Maybe a couple places in Queens or the Bronx... ;)

I have lost many in the 70s and mostly do to my “higher is better” and no rain mean “launch is good”. yikes. When I see prices of used kits that could have been sitting in my shelve 40 plus years.

I not sure or the new gadgets out there, but a compass (land navigation) or an app on phone will give you a good sense of direction

Corn fields weren’t my enemy- But large fields and some trees were.

Have some spotters with you. my brothers were helpful- and few launches while home from Navy, my nieces and nephews were my gophers

Good luck. i’d love a sonic beeper in the 70s. (found some kits 3-4 years later in trees)

Oh. from your position watching it land- look for a “reference point to follow in direction or landing will help you stay on right track (i use to teach land navigation).

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back