Finally done!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielhv

Reaction score
Well that took a lot longer than I anticipated! I pulled the trigger on the Eggtimer Mini w/the LCD and gps module. I was originally planning to do a BlackAero case, but kinda went a different direction. Stumbled across Inverted Pursuit Lab's design, and liked it, but wanted to tweak it a bit to my liking. I wasn't planning on using the audio out function so I removed it from the faceplate, and didn't bother with the Yagi antenna. I also swapped out the switches / buttons in the original design with some switches I had laying around from a previous project. All in, the Eggtimer build was quite fun. I had an oops, where I accidentally got a bit of solder into one of the holes that the processor chip goes into during the LCD build. I didn't know this, and ended up bending a pin on that chip. I then tried to pull it back out and the pin snapped off and was stuck in the hole. So I soldered it in place, put the chip back in, then soldered the broken pin to where it snapped off of the chip. It works, but I guess time will be the test.

IMG_2076.JPG

Then it came time to figure out how to mount the mini GPS transmitter. I have the 4" 54mm nosecone bay by MAC Performance, so it obviously needs to go in there, but there weren't a whole lot of options I liked. So TinkerCAD to the rescue, and I made my own. It has a flange that sits against the flange of the nosecone bay, and then the lid for the bay screws down onto it to seal it all up quite nice!

IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2072.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG
IMG_2074.JPG

Back