Fiberglass proof foam

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunderll

Reaction score
I have a project where I need to shape, then apply glass cloth and resin to some foam. Preferably 1/2" sheets. I recall in the past that the resin ate the foam. If that's true, does anyone know a good source for resin proof foam? Thanks for any help.

I've heard that some people have had luck putting a layer of white glue/PVA over the foam prior to using epoxy. I know that CA melts the foam sheets but wasn't sure how badly the epoxy does it.

I have a project where I need to shape, then apply glass cloth and resin to some foam. Preferably 1/2" sheets. I recall in the past that the resin ate the foam. If that's true, does anyone know a good source for resin proof foam? Thanks for any help.

Pretty much any of the sheathing materials at you local Home Depot or Lowes will work. Stack and glue then cut with hot wire to shape then laminate.

Use epoxy resin and pretty much any hardware insulation foam will work although dense foam rather then bead foam is a better choice. Stay away from polyester resin, it will eat foam.

Greg

Latest posts

Back