Favorite rocket and why?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounding rocket: Black Brant. SImple lines and easy for scale. Just a beautiful rocket

Spaceship: Final Fantasy movie one. It's the one that the main character uses. Great, all purpose ship!

Real spaceship: i dunno, some of the Russian stuff was/is pretty cool

Model Rocket: Centuri Screaming Eagle - one of my first and still think that its cool.

Real Rocket: I would say the Saturn V - um, Saturn V, doesn't that explain it?

Real Spaceship: Space Shuttles & Lunar Landers- shuttles, for all the problems they are still WAY cool & landers were WAY cool back then.
Spaceship One is also on the list on a probationary basis. Whenf (when/if) they go orbital it will be off probation. But it is WAY cool.

Movie/SF Spaceships: X-Wings, Millenium Falcon, and Vader's Flagship (IIRC that was the BIG one), and Red Dwarf - The Star Wars ones were just bad and Red Dwarf survived so long floating around that it deserves respect.

Missle: Tomahawk and M-47 Dragon - the Tomahawk just rules and anyone that ever got to see the Dragon fire, its steering system was just a hoot to see. If anyone has or finds video of one firing, I'd love to have it.

Greg

Originally posted by jflis
well, heck, I must have drawn the darned thing about 6 times while teaching myself CAD... LOL I used that ship and the Enterprise A as my learning subjects :)

That's pretty darned cool, actually.

If I ever had the time and/or need to really learn how to use a CAD program, the Enterprise D/E would be a great subject.

Mercury Redstone
Saturn 1b
R7/ Vostok

Originally posted by Gus
Mercurcy Redstone
Saturn 1b
R7/ Vostok

After watching some sport rocketry videos this afternoon, I have to agree and put the Merc Redstone at the top of my list... :)

Originally posted by JRThro
That's pretty darned cool, actually.

If I ever had the time and/or need to really learn how to use a CAD program, the Enterprise D/E would be a great subject.

it was :) After I did these I was contacted by the publisher about doing the next round of blue prints (I beleive of the many support ships of the federation as the Enterprise had already been done). I had to turn them down as I had no access to equipment other than at work and I couldn't *do* that....

bummer :)

Here is one of the sketches I did showing the Excelsior class, Constitution II class and the Klingon K'T'Nga class, all drawn to the same scale: https://jflis.com/hobbies/startrek/images/excels6.pdf (NOTE: This is a 135KB pdf file)

Gotta be the B5 Star Fury! The original one, not the dippy "thunderbolt" model with the stretched nose.

Real rocket? The Hellfire missle!

Back