Estes - Star Blazer Gallery (0831)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I know the kit name is just Star Blazer as if there were never any other model by the same name but as we've seen there sure was. So I added the suffix -I and -II to my micro T4 downscales.
The two designs are so different I don't know why Estes didn't come up with another name for this one...We'll just deal with it LOL!!!
Between the two this one is the better flyer but not by much. Again my photo On the field skills just seem to never get any better with these darn digital cameras.....See this fuzzy shot is typical of many:(

post copied with permission

MM 307lp03_MM Starblazer-II on pad_10-21-06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Ebay rescue that arrived with a fin broken. Fixed it. Flew it. Semi-retired it.

Estes Star Blazer close-up.jpg

Continuing my clones of the Mini-Brutes, here is my Star Blazer!

The nose cone was turned on the lathe, so it's close, but not exact, and I used one body tube instead of the two shorter ones to make a payload section, one less tube joint to worry about. I also noticed that the instructions call for the launch lug to be placed near where the red stripe goes around the rocket. If you move the lug forward 1/2" it should clear the decal. The decals are Tango Papa decals from the CMRPRODUCTS.com website.

IMG_5300_Crop.jpgIMG_5301_Crop.jpg

The horizontal pictures make it look more like a plane than rocket.

Back