Estes - Outlander (#2110) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stantonjtroy

Reaction score
My son and I have one ( our second actually) set up with a 24mm mount. Fantastic performer. Flew it twice today in fact. Both flights on an Aerotech E20-4W single use. We also added an ejection baffle. Not alot of room in there but we managed to get everything in there. We did change the silicone tubing/hinge material for a slightly heaver neoprane tube. The original material doesn't hold up well. We also did a custome decal/finish job

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Outlander (#2110) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Outlander (#2110) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Outlander: #2110

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Outlander (#2110) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Outlander Also known as:

NUMBER: #2110

Introduced: 2003
Final Year: 2008
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.5"
Diameter: 4.375"
Span:
Weight: 4.2 oz

Mfg. Description: Get ready to explore the outer rim of the galaxy with the Outlander. It's stellar-looking design and decals complement the unique "Chute & Lander" recovery system. (Estes 2004 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-outlander%202110-2004%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2004 Catalog
estes-outlander%202110-2005%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2005 Catalog

estes-outlander%202110-2006%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2006 Catalog
estes-outlander%202110-2007%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Catalog

estes-outlander%202110-2007%20web%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-outlander%202110-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I built this one a while back and haven't flown it yet. I used the decals from Excelsior, and drilled holes in the landing legs to lighten then slightly and, well, it looks really cool. :D The Motor Mount is upgraded to 24mm.

Outlander_Small.jpg

Here is mine off on its 18th flight. It has the stock engine mount so it gets a diet of C5-3 or my old (1968) vintage C6-3s that seem to work better than the new C6 motors. If I build the spare I have I will put a 24mm motor mount in it for C11 or D12 power. I bet a C11 will give it a perfect flight, although I can't complain about mine, it flies great on the C6s.

outlander launch.jpg

definitely don’t go with the C6-3!

agreed. would probably leave many of the barrels in the grass by the pad. the contact area between the bt and horizontal barrels is a single little point. i didn't take any time to do more than just dot it with glue. if i were to do it again, i'd poke a hole or two through each tube, i guess. used a little acrylic nail glue to secure the decal edges on the small, curved surfaces, without which they do not adhere completely, and would definitely not survive any launch

Latest posts

Back