Estes Lunar Scout

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrScramJet

Reaction score
Enjoyable re-entry into the field of model rocketry from the past builds of the Pigasus and Little Green Man. Therefore, I thought I'd try something a little different. Always enjoyed the Centuri Flying Saucer build from back in the early 80's which was constructed from card-stock. I chose the Estes Lunar Scout after reading Chris Michielssen's Blog and would definitely follow his recommendations. The decal sheet , for me, was questionable with how easily they tore. I've set many water soluble lacquer decals in the past, however the included decal sheet was fragile.

GcythfF.jpg

There are a lot of card-stock parts:

kJ2eLLX.jpg

I chose to first paint all parts, then applied the decals. Next I sealed the parts with clear gloss except for the shiny gold parts. The paint where the parts were to be glued were first scraped with an
X-Acto knife prior to double gluing.

Overall, take your time and plan ahead with the build. It was as challenging as the Centuri Flying Saucer and just as enjoyable.

bcKdtsD.jpg

xXuENUQ.jpg

uTYrj6t.jpg

Back