Estes Cyber Monday deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I was curious about Estes Cyber Monday sale. I entered these items and in addition to the 25% off I was also able to use the Launch2023 code for and additional savings. I saved about $75...and I got free shipping....
1701123261084.png

I bought some motors.. wasn't able to use the code {I might have used earlier in the year), and skipped the "route protection", at least I got the free shipping.

That Route Package Protection is a sneak little charge...might read the fine print if I place an order with Estes later today and see if it's worth it...

It was automatically checked.. I caught it before I ordered and unchecked it.

Seems they also protect you against porch pirates or any loss or thief with the package protection. for $2.50 not a bad deal
But wasn't Estes always liable for porch pirate losses? Maybe not officially (per the terms of the contract with the customer), but at least unofficially (practicing good customer service).

NO, Amazon is not either

I find that hard to believe.

Whenever a packaged failed to arrive (and the reasons were unknown despite the tracking saying it was delivered), I've never had the store/company tell me to go pound sand.

Well, I have, I even have two packages here that I never received Amazon return slips from when I wanted a refund as a Prime member. That was almost a year ago. Not all sellers on Amazon are covered for their easy returns at Kohls stores or UPS store.

My Friend had an issue with a Drone delivery, the solution was to have a password that the Amazon driver would call you from the truck and get the password before he would "Hand it to you". You not home, they don't deliver it till next time.

Due to this post I purchased a Great Goblin. With the stacked discount it was essentially, half-price. So I bought it. Just when I thought Estes had nothing left to sell to me. I got burned last year by the misery box (not a typo), so these days I am very cautious about buying from Estes.

I hope somebody stacked discounts to get the PSII parts assortment. It would be a pretty good deal at the stacked-discount price.
I should have done this, but was looking at other potential items. I really want the 15" nylon parachute in that parts assortment, but am curious about the BT-70 nose cone, too.

I imagine Estes will have at least one more holiday sale in the coming month or so. Hopefully it will be as good as the Cyber Monday Sale and allow for stacking coupons.

I should have done this, but was looking at other potential items. I really want the 15" nylon parachute in that parts assortment, but am curious about the BT-70 nose cone, too.

I imagine Estes will have at least one more holiday sale in the coming month or so. Hopefully it will be as good as the Cyber Monday Sale and allow for stacking coupons.

Only nose cone I care about on BT-70s is a Gemini Spacecraft 😂

Edit: I've gotten them from ETSY

PPS: I also have a BT-70 that came from my old 70s Gemini Titan kit I never built. Someplace I should also have the face card in the kit and the balsa nose cone but not the rest of it.

Last edited:
Due to this post I purchased a Great Goblin. With the stacked discount it was essentially, half-price. So I bought it. Just when I thought Estes had nothing left to sell to me. I got burned last year by the misery box (not a typo), so these days I am very cautious about buying from Estes.

Yea, based on these posts I stacked and got a Great Goblin Also yesterday, right after Sunday telling myself I could always just paint one of my Big Red Max kits yellow and it would be "good enough" for me.

What do you plan to do with that parts assortment? It is strange other then the TARC thing....
Christmas gifts for the kids. And to see what the new items are... (rail guides, chutes, etc.)

If you don't want the 15" nylon parachute that comes in that parts assortment, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands, for a fee, of course.
We'll probably use them. If not as a part of the kit build, then to replace a plastic chute on something.

Hi All,

So I was curious about Estes Cyber Monday sale. I entered these items and in addition to the 25% off I was also able to use the Launch2023 code for and additional savings. I saved about $75...and I got free shipping....
View attachment 617399
I missed it but they do have a 12 days of Christmas promo thing going on right now. Hopefully some good deals come up

Got a Party Pack of F15-4 and a bunch of B6-4 motors today via FedEx.. opted out of the "Route Protection", and everything showed up okay.

Mine has been Delayed by FedEx, glad I got route protection.

In ham radio folks delayed has turned out to be never found several times...

Back