Elmers wood glue pen

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucka

Reaction score
Perhaps this is old news but about a year ago I saw the elmer's wood glue pen at Home Depot. Basically it is wood glue in a pen like format with a fine tip. For the low and mid power that I do, it is perfect. I was wasting alot of glue and making a mess before because the nozzle on the typical wood glue bottle is huge. This thing is awesome for gluing small root edges of fins and fillets. The thing doesnt hold much glue but you can refill it easily. I highly recommend it if you dont have one. In fact, I can't recommend it enough. Problem is, they don't carry it at my local home depot anymore so I don't know how available they are. Heres a (BIG) picture of what it looks like:

E1367_tmb_photo.jpg

I don’t think I have ever seen one of these, but I had the same problem with the wood glue so I just saved a small empty school glue bottle and refill that. I suppose I could have bought a small squeeze bottle (I know Blick carries them) but this was free.

i've seen these at my local hardware store, may have to get one. they also cary a pen like this with wood filler, thinking of getting one of those for more control doing body tube spirals.

they don't carry it at my local home depot anymore

mabey people didn't know what a 'stylo bri-colle' is..whats up with that?

I got and used the Elmers glue pen after I saw a fellow club member using one. It's useful for its small size and pinpoint glue placement. Used one up and refilled with Elmers White glue. Now I have one for both types of glues.

Seeing the post by Jon for the other glue bottlles had me looking at the web site he posted. The different size applicators look to be very useful for those fine gluing jobs and the price is very right. Thanks for the lead, Jon.

I've also been using an old regular Elmer's white glue bottle for my wood glue. Works like a charm. The pen looks neat, though.

I put some wood glue in an old CA bottle cleaned with acetone. It doesn't hold much, but it is very convenient.

These glue pens are readily available at craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels, and probably in the craft sections of some WalMarts and Targets.

Back