Eggtimer voice module

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's got them and how do they work? I have LCD RX. thinking of Eggtimer Telemetry Module with voice. Thanks.
I just installed my voice module before Christmas and flew in Tampa on the 23rd with it. I was only using the tracking function so I had the pyro channels disabled. Wad pretty cool listening while waiting to fly. I bought a tiny rechargeable battery off of Amazon to attach to my tracking enclosure. Kind of clunky but I'm working on some options.

I have one that I use to voice incoming telemetry broadcast via the ET Telemetry Module. It announces altitude, apogee, and channel deployments. It also broadcasts whether the altimeter is ready for launch (i.e. it has been armed and the channels are hot).
The voice module has an audio jack, but you need to supply you're own headphones, ear bud, or amplified speaker.
It's pretty easy to assemble and connect to the Eggfinder RX. Telemetry Module has to be frequency paired with your RX pretty much just like the Eggfinder GPS TX.

My Lvl2 flight last May was done with a Quasar onboard, and the LCD/GPS w/voice module handheld. I plugged the handheld rx into a Makita portable radio with a 3.5mm audio cable - the audibles were fun to hear. Worked great!

I, too, have a voice module in one of my LCD units. I've been able to plug it into a couple of club's PA's so that the telemetry data are reported out to the audience. I did first check to ensure that the LCO was able to talk over (interrupt) it in case they needed to. Quite the crowd pleaser.

I like to build my voice modules with the headphone jack attached to a wired disconnect. Main reason is so that I can install the jack in the cover of the Black Aero receiver cases and disconnect the cable when I take the cover off.

Voice module build:

How I install it in the Black Aero case:

Back