Eggtimer Rocketry Labor Day Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts about making an Eggtimer TRS using the Quantum and the Eggfinder TX combined? Call it TRS+? I really appreciate the device interface with the Quantum. Another option could be substitute the Quark for the Quantum for a really small footprint TRS. Thank you!

Actually, it's quite safe to have a screw switch on the pyro circuit or battery and simply plug the power source into the TRS, pair and button up the ebay. As long as one has sufficient battery capacity it's not a problem (ie. long wait in line or on the pad.) Having remote activation on a TRS is O.K. but you still have to open up the ebay and plug/connect the battery in. As it stands, it's pretty convenient as it is. You have to remember with remote activation, the battery is being drained albeit slowly. Kurt

I know this -really-cool- adjunct for cider!!

Apples

Sorry, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to cider and perry. :) Lots of things can be done, though.

My ciders are available in CO, by the way. And we were poured at What the Funk this week.
www.wtfinvitational.com

Nice thing about SoCal is there's really no "flying season"... we fly all year. That means I'm testing stuff all year... doing some this weekend at ROC.

As far a new products go, I don't announce them until they're nearly ready to ship. I do like feedback, though, because it gives me an idea of what my design priorities should be. I AM redesigning all of the altimeters except the Quantum because the Bosch baro sensor that I've been using for 5 years has gone EOL and is difficult to obtain, but I've made no secret of that. They'll all be out in the next few months. No new functionality, in fact you'd have to look really hard at the boards to tell that there's anything different.

Exactimator is excited about having his own LCD receiver ..

Thanks Cris !

Kenny

Nice thing about SoCal is there's really no "flying season"... we fly all year. That means I'm testing stuff all year... doing some this weekend at ROC.

As far a new products go, I don't announce them until they're nearly ready to ship. I do like feedback, though, because it gives me an idea of what my design priorities should be. I AM redesigning all of the altimeters except the Quantum because the Bosch baro sensor that I've been using for 5 years has gone EOL and is difficult to obtain, but I've made no secret of that. They'll all be out in the next few months. No new functionality, in fact you'd have to look really hard at the boards to tell that there's anything different.

Go ahead Cris,, rub it in why don't ya....

You aren't serious unless your trying to get 2/56" shear pins threaded in
and you can't feel your fingers....lol...

Teddy

It occurs to me that if your first goal in using accel/gyro is for staging safety, then it ought to be possible to make a small 'out-board' with the sensor and maybe some logic and wire it to the breakwire input.

Go ahead Cris,, rub it in why don't ya....

You aren't serious unless your trying to get 2/56" shear pins threaded in
and you can't feel your fingers....lol...

Teddy

Teddy, as you know I am from Wisconsin. I used to have my own waiver for Bong Rec Area, along with insurance. Anyways, you have to be serious to fly in January in Wisconsin- I have done it at 0 Fahrenheit. Not that foolish anymore, not do I have my own waiver either.

Device that senses tilt, altitude, velocity, etc for staging. Please. Pretty Please with sugar on top.

Yes, Something like the previously offered Rocket Tilt 'o Meter would likely be appreciated by many. EggFinders/TRS are already out there for unlicensed tracking chores but something along the lines of a "safer" staging device along the lines of an Easy-Mega would be nice. Me suspects though that developing something like that would be more involved than previous offerings. Kurt

Back