Eggtimer Rocketry Black Friday Week Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cris,

I sent an email earlier for an order but forgot to include what frequency I want, is that okay to add in the transaction notes with PayPal?

Today (Monday, Dec. 1st) is the last day of the Black Friday Week sale.... I won't be extending it like I did last year, so get your orders in today!

Have sent PM and email about sale. Have not received acknowledgement or a invoice. Did you receive my order?

Decided to get another TRS to put into the Punisher so had Wayne send off another request this morning, just waiting for the paypal request to pay him (I'm sure you are just swamped, Cris)

I just got an email from Cris...
He's very busy,,,
he got a lot of orders..
He's getting paid orders out before sending out more invoices...
He will surly get to us all.......

Patience is a virtue......lol..

Teddy

I just got an email from Cris...
He's very busy,,,
he got a lot of orders..
He's getting paid orders out before sending out more invoices...
He will surly get to us all.......

Patience is a virtue......lol..

Teddy

Thank you for posting! I have been worried also as I have not gotten an invoice.

Now I can comfortably sit back and wait.

That's actually good news... my paypal account is smoking, it could use a day to cool off!!!

Decided to get another TRS to put into the Punisher so had Wayne send off another request this morning, just waiting for the paypal request to pay him (I'm sure you are just swamped, Cris)

Got 'er friday and built on Saturday in a marathon session. Took 6 hours first time. EggFinder side fired right up and once the serial cable snafu was elucidated, I was one happy camper. Spent Sunday nite with ematches wired and cycling the transmitter to practice arming. Once it's armed, field elevation
goes to zero and will read the altitude AGL. I also believe it's telemetered from the baro chip directly as opposed to GPS altitude. Cris sent me a 1.4L
firmware update that he'll post soon. I really like this device

trs1.jpg

Just remember on the serial connection the green wire goes to transmit, white goes to receive and black goes to ground. The green and white wire are reversed as opposed to the stock EggTimer. Ordered second one. Kurt

Last edited:
I know Cris must be busy, I paid on 11/24/14 and I don't think he is even up to my order. Great product and a great guy.

I received my invoice on 11/21/2014.
I didn't notice it right away then sent payment a few days later.
No rush.

Just need to find someone to assemble it for me???

JD

Just got a PayPal invoice for the extra TRS we requested, Chris also sent me an email last night telling me he will include it with the others we ordered last week on the first day of the sale. He said it would go out tomorrow with a "Zillion" others, so it must have been a good sale.

Thanks to everyone for participating in our Black Friday Week sale. We were just totally overwhelmed by the number of orders, rest assured that we're working as hard as we can to get them all filled. We expect to ship out just about everything today and tomorrow, with the exception of some Eggtimer orders (we're waiting for parts, should be a day or two). If you have Eggtimers on your order and haven't received a shipping confirmation by the end of the day tomorrow, it's because I'm holding the order so I can ship it complete. If you want the rest of the order shipped first, let me know and I'll be glad to accommodate you.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Thanks for the great sale Cris! I better order a new soldering iron from Amazon since I have a lot of work cutout for me. As of now it includes 2 Eggfinders, 2 Eggtimers, and 2 Eggtimer TRS flight computers. I am also willing to help anyone local who needs help putting one together. If anyone wants me to do a pictorial build thread let me know. I will also recommended getting one of these, only about $6 dollars with the 20% coupon.
https://www.harborfreight.com/jumbo-helping-hands-with-led-lights-65779.html

By all means do a build thread. It would be good to have a proper discussion thread in the appropriate forum so that we aren't cluttering up the vendor forum.

Thanks for the great sale Cris! I better order a new soldering iron from Amazon since I have a lot of work cutout for me. As of now it includes 2 Eggfinders, 2 Eggtimers, and 2 Eggtimer TRS flight computers. I am also willing to help anyone local who needs help putting one together. If anyone wants me to do a pictorial build thread let me know. I will also recommended getting one of these, only about $6 dollars with the 20% coupon.

Ahhhh,

You did get an EF LCD receiver too?:confused:;). With the soldering device, you will still need a steady hand with the tweezers to hold the
tiny SMT parts to the pads on the TRS. You can't pre-tin the pads too much as the component will be cocked a bit and might flip when you solder. If you've done SMT work in the past, shouldn't be a problem. Major task is holding the SMT resistors and capacitors in place. They'll get "sucked" to the solder tip if you don't have something holding it down while you solder.

If you can pre-tin with a minimum of solder, get the device tacked down, use something like the tweezers or a toothpick to hold the device in place and hit the other side with the solder for the final connection on that side. Switch back to the tacked side to finalize the contact.
Doing the Hope Module and GPS modules are a piece of cake compared to the teeny tiny components. :eyepop: Kurt

Wow that HF helper is a lot better than the $3 one.. will have to grab that with a new tweaker scale on my next visit .

Kenny

Wow that HF helper is a lot better than the $3 one.. will have to grab that with a new tweaker scale on my next visit .

Kenny

That's the same helper I use, but I don't use the magnifier any more. I have a full sized illuminating magnifier that works better. The little one got in my way and has melted edges from the soldering pencil.
SMT parts are a pain, but with patience, they can be done. Thanks for the tips Kurt.
Please do a build thread Juan, we could all chip in and share ideas for improving our techniques.

Cris, I know you have been really busy with this sale. I am just curious about shipping, is it possible to reply here when all units have shipped from the sale?

I know that would calm my nerves and maybe a few other members.

Cris, I know you have been really busy with this sale. I am just curious about shipping, is it possible to reply here when all units have shipped from the sale?

Kyle, I don't think you have to worry. I ordered in the first batch and got a TRS 1 week ago thursday. Cris' operation in not a fly-by-night so rest assured.
Take the time to read through the manuals of the items you've ordered and print off the instructions so you have a check-off list you can follow through when you assemble. If Connor is going to do the work for you, "Well, then just read the manuals." :) Kurt

Kyle if Cris shipped out your Eggfinder with my order it should be here by Monday. I will keep you updated.

Kyle, I don't think you have to worry. I ordered in the first batch and got a TRS 1 week ago thursday. Cris' operation in not a fly-by-night so rest assured.
Take the time to read through the manuals of the items you've ordered and print off the instructions so you have a check-off list you can follow through when you assemble. If Connor is going to do the work for you, "Well, then just read the manuals." :) Kurt

Kyle if Cris shipped out your Eggfinder with my order it should be here by Monday. I will keep you updated.

I am not freaking out and I know Cris is reliable I just wanted an idea of when it would arrive. As I am not soldering it (Thanks again Juan!), I just wanted to make sure we knew when he would have it in hand.

Thanks everybody for your patience. I reordered a large number of parts last weekend when the sale was still going on, and it wasn't enough. I reordered again later in the week when I realized I was somewhat short, so hopefully I should be in a position to ship everything out early this week. I've basically shipped everything out that I have parts in-stock for, so if you have not seen a shipping confirmation that means that you're in the queue; email me if you're wondering where you are, and I'll be happy to let you know.

In most cases, the pending orders are waiting for one item, so if you want me to partial-ship in order to get something on your workbench faster I'll be more than happy to accommodate you; I won't charge you extra for shipping the backordered item(s).

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Latest posts

Back