Eggtimer ION constantly chirps after arming? Normal?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSW

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Recently built Eggtimer ION. Testing it out. When I arm it, it gives a constant chirping,... never stops. Video attached.

Per the user manual on page 10:

To arm the ION from the page, enter the 4-digit validation code into the text box then click on the ARM button. After about 5-10 seconds you should see an arming confirmation page, you’ll hear a long beep, followed by the “I’m ready” chirping,
A few seconds later you should start hearing the buzzer beep about once per second. This is an audible confirmation that the ION is now in flight sequence mode, and you’re ready for launch.
I've put it into a vacuum and it seems to be detecting launch and recording altitudes.

Is the constant chirping normal? Or did I do something wrong putting it together?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0031.MP4
    26.3 MB
Last edited:
In my experience the ION does that continuous chirp thing from the time it is armed until it detects a launch...but I haven't flown one in awhile and may have faulty memory about that.

Also, look at the Quick Start Guide on page 26 in the manual. It says that "chirping" is the armed for flight state.

I think that other bit must be a copy/paste error from one of the other Egg devices' manuals.

But of course Cris @cerving can set me straight.

Last edited:
Yup, it chirps until launch is detected... same as all of our other altimeters. The original version of the Quantum/Proton/ION didn't chirp, it beeped once per second. That's an error in the manual... the "once per second" beep text should be deleted.

Back