EGGTIMER ION CASE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roytyson

Reaction score
Pretty happy with my ION case. It fits the board with a spacer to protect the 300mah battery from the pins, lid with ION details, and thread inserts.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.HEIC
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0145.HEIC
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0144.HEIC
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0143.HEIC
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0142.HEIC
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
I just assembled my Eggtimer Ion and would like to get a case so I could use it without a sled.

Your case is exactly what I was looking for.

Do you happen to have the 3D print files available for your case that you could share?

Thanks!

I like it, but it needs some way of powering it on and off from the outside. Maybe exchange the header for a right-angle header and put a small hole in the side of the case for the jumper...

I like it, but it needs some way of powering it on and off from the outside. Maybe exchange the header for a right-angle header and put a small hole in the side of the case for the jumper...
I’m happy to have anything to protect it. Planning on hanging it from the shock cord to make it easier to move.

I searched thingverse and other spots. Nothing for the Ion. If anyone happened to have 3D design files - would appreciate it.

I too would be interested in this. Currently I just wrap mine in a piece of nomex with the battery zip tied on, and just hang it via a piece of kevlar string from the nosecone. My fusion skills are limited, but if nobody has any files I guess I could get started on some sort of attempt

Back