Eggnik

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Dollar store water bottle and straws. Ill explain it all later. I need to hit the hay. Basically, 18mm motor sandwiched between forward ring in bt50 and aft ring and cap, kinda sorta. Also can friction fit a 24mm. So, I "top load" the motor , kinda sorta and screw cap on.

Eggnik.JPG

Eggnik1.JPG

Eggnik2.JPG

Eggnik3.JPG

Ill drill holes in B-Ball for the straws ends to go thru and glue balsa to outside. OH Ya- The bt50 will be glued in to the ball and the mmt will slide into that. I have it out for pic and still need to cut to length. Need to cut circle out of top and make into a "NC" kinda sorta.

Eggnik4.JPG

Eggnik5.JPG

Eggnik6.JPG

Eggnik7.JPG

Last edited:
This thing has been sitting for some time.Decided to get-r-done and try it out. Thing I like about it is the MMT. Its just something I came up with and think its cool. I can change from an 18mm to 24mm in a second. Hard to explain what I did .Hope the pics tell the story for ya.Any questions, just ask.Still need to drill out the ping-pong ball NC for adding weight.Cord and chute,and drill some holes for launch rod.

eggnik.JPG

eggnikmmt.JPG

eggnikmmt1.JPG

Morning started out cool & foggy. I took the dog for his morning coffee ride and we checked out the farm fields.They hadnt cut the corn yet so that was a bust.Anywhoo, the sun un finaly came out and it was calm.I figured to try and get some up at the school fields.Well,by the time I balanced and swung tested the Eggnik,the wind started blowing. I added the top tube for more room for chute and to get the 5gs of clay in NC futher forward.I told the wife I was going to aleast lunch the Eggnik and we headed.Boy,Ill tell ya, the wind was whipping pretty good when we got there.We went for launch anyways.I flew it on a C11-3.Flew pretty good and I think on a calm day a C11-5 would be better.Hard for me to watch whats going on when Im running my CRAPPY camera.Looked allmost like the chute was not opened all the way.It sure was rotating on the way down. I got to it and you can see the chute looked OK.You can see the wind was blowing as the chute was still open.Anywhoo- heres the CRAPPY vid and some pics.After I got home I threw some color on it.Didnt have orange but had pumkin orange.Good enough. [YOUTUBE]Uvvb5HjgU6w[/YOUTUBE] Oh ya,excuse the wifes potty mouth.

Eggnik2.jpg

Eggnik1.JPG

Eggnik3.JPG

eggnik.JPG

Now THAT looks like a fun build.
I like it.I waisted my time on that crazy interchangable MMT.This thing is pretty heavy.About 140gs with the C11-3 in it.I dont think I would dare fly it on a 18mm.Still could use a little more epoxy where the fins connect to both the B-Ball and eggs. Then I think it would be ok to try a D12-5 in it.Hey, one more scratcher in the fleet the way I look at it. You know what I mean,dont ya.:D:D:D

Oh yeah. I likes me some original designs fer sure. You got my "daddy" on the odd rock builds dood but we have a common interest. We like to scratch em!

Back