Eggfinder LCD screen not working after firmware update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceX76

Reaction score
Recently I have gotten some upgrades for my LCD screen case, and while I was working on it, I decided to check to see if I have the most up to date firmware. Well as it turns out I did not so while I had it torn apart, I decided to do the update. I followed all the instructions on the website and went ahead and did it. Well after turning back on my LCD I discovered the screen itself is no longer working (no biggie maybe it messed up I will just try it again). After trying it at least 5 more times each time it did the same thing, it beeps like it is running normally but the screen never goes on. After doing some more research and reading of the command prompt, it looks as if the update getting saved to the EPROM. At this point I have tried everything that I can think of to troubleshoot this. Wondering if anyone else has had something similar?

1715544872951.png

You mention you were otherwise working on it. What were you working on when you had it apart? Maybe something went wrong there and it is affecting the screen. Did you happen to bump the contrast adjustment for the screen? (maybe it got turned down accidentally)

EDIT: I hit Post Reply too soon...
Check what firmware you downloaded and make sure you have the proper one for either 900MHz or HAM band. I helped a buddy with his and I think we attributed a similar problem to having flashed the incorrect firmware.

You mention you were otherwise working on it. What were you working on when you had it apart? Maybe something went wrong there and it is affecting the screen. Did you happen to bump the contrast adjustment for the screen? (maybe it got turned down accidentally)

EDIT: I hit Post Reply too soon...
Check what firmware you downloaded and make sure you have the proper one for either 900MHz or HAM band. I helped a buddy with his and I think we attributed a similar problem to having flashed the incorrect firmware.
Yup the contrast was changed, man do I feel dumb right now.

Back