• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Eggfinder GPS Trackers, Receivers, Assembled and Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdsnyd

Reaction score
Up for sale is my entire collection of Eggtimer GPS kits and assembled transmitters, including a LCD GPS + Voice Module in custom 3d printed enclosure that works very well at the field and is easy to maintain. Also have a TRS that's only flown once. I love the Eggfinder GPS solutions, but I am looking to change ecosystems. All of the assembled units have been assembled and thoroughly ground tested and flight tested by me.
Prices reflect the current kit pricing, minus the fully assembled LCD GPS + Voice + enclosure. Mix and match. Will figure out actual shipping through USPS. Paypal FF preferred, but if you are willing to pay the good/service fee, we can do that too. I can provide additional pictures upon request.
Thanks for looking
Dave

• Eggtimer TRS Altimeter B4, updated to latest firmware as of July 2022
    • $90 + shipping
    • Fully Assembled, flown once, worked well
    • Includes 3d printed standoffs
    • Programmed for 921/5
  • Eggfinder LCD GPS RX with Voice Module, 921/5, Updated to latest firmware as of July 2022
    • $150 + shipping
    • Custom 3d printed case
    • Includes 2S battery
    • Includes powered external speaker for voice module
    • Upgraded 3db antenna
    • Thru panel fiber-optic cable to show status of LCD GPS lock status as well as radio LED status
    • All modules mounted to front panel - makes for easy maintenance if needed
    • Stout mount for RC airplane transmitter style Lanyard for portability
    • Tool-less battery charging and simple transmitter programming via battery hatch

• Eggfinder TX Transmitter, C1, with OpenLog module
    • $75 + Shipping
    • Fully Assembled, flown a couple times
    • Programmed 921/5
    • GPS Antenna glued down

• Eggfinder Mini Tx, A10
    • $70 + Shipping
    • Fully Assembled, flown a couple times
    • Programmed to 921/5
    • GPS Antenna glued down
    • Includes standoffs

• Eggfinder Mini Tx, A7
    • $70 + Shipping
    • Fully Assembled, flown once or twice
    • Programmed to 921/5
    • GPS antenna glued down
    • Includes shock cord mount sled

• Eggfinder RX, Dongle, with USB Cable, Assembled
    • $30 + Shipping
    • Includes 3d printed case and upgraded antenna
    • Programmed for 921/5

• Eggfinder Rx Dongle, Usb Cable, Assembled
    • $15 + Shipping
    • Programmed for standard 915/0

• KITS, All Unassembled
    • Eggfinder LCD Kit – Receiver with LCD Display, w/antenna, No Case, Unopened
      • $50 + Shipping
    • Eggfinder Voice Module Kit, Add-on for LCD Receiver, open but all items accounted for
      • $15 + Shipping
    • Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module Add-on, Unopened
      • $35+ Shipping
    • Eggtimer Telemetry Module, Addon for Altimeters
      • $15 + Shipping

Attachments

• KITS.JPG
    KITS.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • TRS and Transmitters.jpg
    TRS and Transmitters.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • USB Dongle Receivers.jpg
    USB Dongle Receivers.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Back 2.JPG
    LCD GPS Back 2.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Back 3.JPG
    LCD GPS Back 3.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Back.JPG
    LCD GPS Back.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Print Enclosure Batt.JPG
    LCD GPS Print Enclosure Batt.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Print Enclosure Panel, Speak.JPG
    LCD GPS Print Enclosure Panel, Speak.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD GPS Print Enclosure, Easy Programming.JPG
    LCD GPS Print Enclosure, Easy Programming.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • LCD Print Enclosure, Panel.JPG
    LCD Print Enclosure, Panel.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I will take the following:

Eggfinder TRS, assembled,
  • $90 + shipping
Eggfinder LCD kit, unassembled
  • $50 + Shipping
Eggfinder TX Transmitter, C1, with OpenLog module
  • $75 + Shipping
Eggfinder Mini Tx, A10, assembled
  • $70 + Shipping

Total $285 + shipping

Shipping to 60506

Please PM a total and and your PP address

Thanks!

Heck the seller had more of a GPS tracking addiction than I had!! :cool:
Man, once one buys a decent soldering iron or station, the EF kits are a breeze to
build. Get a low wattage soldering pen with the finest, smallest tip one can get, build in a clear glass baking pan 'cause if you flip a part in close range you'll find it. (Put a white sheet of paper under the pan.) Plus have good light and magnification. Of course, if one doesn't want to solder and can buy fully assembled and functioning units, that's a good idea too!
Good fine tipped tweezers help also. I'm older so I used a circle light magnifier lamp and wear a flip down head magnifier so I can REALLY see the boards with the two magnification devices together. Younger folks will get away with just good light and a head magnifier.
I dorked one Mini as I probably got solder under the integrated chip. Me bad. Tossed in junk drawer.
And I whacked an early generation Eggfinder GPS. I just got done building it putting it up on a window sill for testing. I was excited as heck as I was getting valid positions in and a danged bird hit the window and the EF hit the floor. The GPS antenna snapped off the base!!! It was permanently dorked as I didn't have a solder station to get the base off the board. Went into my junk "drawer" and I've harvested parts off it for other projects.
I "catted" around with other Eggfinders kits and soldered in some amplified GPS receivers for fun. They do have better performance but I never got a chance to design a rocket and fly them. Much fun to experiment.
Thing with the Eggfinders is blow the main chute as high up as the launch site dimensions will allow. Altitude is one's friend for 900Mhz propagation. Once a rocket is launched, one might not see any positions until a rocket is down low, going "slow" and under the main chute. Even coming down under drogue might be too fast.
I used various tracking programs so I could see on a map where the rocket was going on a laptop and on Android. Gives one peace of mind. Can walk right up to it. Go to last known position and rocket is usually not too far away.
Oh, a multi-element 900Mhz Yagi antenna is indeed helpful for ground recovery. Increases the ground footprint of any 900Mhz tracker. Screw off the stock antenna on the receiver after the rocket is on the ground from a flight and walk towards the recovery site with the Yagi. You'll pick up a signal sooner. Kurt

Sorry for not updating sooner, but I have updated the list for what is left. Again, thanks for looking!
Send a PM with what you are interested in with an offer.
Dave

Last edited:
Bump,
Please go ahead and make an offer on what's left.
Won't turn anything reasonable down.
All this should fit in a small flat rate box and ship for about $10 continental.
Thanks for looking,
Dave

Here's what's left
No reasonable offer refused.
Thanks,
Dave
    • $15 + Shipping

• Eggfinder Voice Module Kit, Add-on for LCD Receiver, open but all items accounted for [UNASSEMBLED]
    • $15 + Shipping

• Eggtimer Telemetry Module, Addon for Altimeters [UNASSEMBLED]
    • $15 + Shipping

I’ll take the voice module if still available. And ship along with @StreuB1 ‘s stuff to combine shipping. Since he’s gonna have to build it for me anyway…

I received that stuff a week ago. I flew his GPS mini all weekend and unlike mine, his WORKED EACH TIME!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

And its nothing I did wrong building mine, mine are just finicky for some reason. No idea why.....

Oh, by the way @StreuB1 , voice module incoming possibly 😂

Ohhhhh fine!! :cool:

You can have him ship it to me if you want and I'll build it and we can meet up. Need to grab that SWEET @WILDMANRS Mini Goblin that I won anyway!! :D:D:D

I am going to put that damn Goblin into orrrrrrbittttttttt!!!!!

Update on what's left
Thanks,
Dave
    • $15 + Shipping

• Eggtimer Telemetry Module, Addon for Altimeters [UNASSEMBLED]
    • $15 + Shipping

Update on what's left
Thanks,