Edmonds Aerospace Ecee Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyhager3

Orange is best color, NAR/TRA L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this thing (along with another glider, more on that later) from Tim (@TDSapp ) , who was selling off a bunch of gliders and stuff, and still has a bunch of interesting and OOP stuff.

DAFCA6AC-3290-4E70-922A-3CCD4C7EA056.jpeg

I'm hoping to keep this thing in one piece (aka not shred it like my Thunder), and keep it as "stock" that I can. I'll post a picture of all the sheets with a ruler or whatever once I get around to building it later today/tomorrow, so that someone can make plans out of them.

It’ll be fun to have some small stuff, and a glider at that. Maybe I can fly it at a park or something, we shall see.

Plans and scans of the Ecee were posted not too long ago on the JimZ website.
http://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/other/edmonds_ecee.pdfBut your consideration for helping others is appreciated.
My order from Tim is in transit, can't wait for it to arrive.
That’s good to know! One day I want to convert to plans into CAD so someone could re-produce these kits (if Rob (I think that’s his name) would be ok with it), as some of these need to be lasered out, and the demand is high nowadays.

And that’s quite the trek it has to make to get to you all the way on the islands! But he did a good job of packing this, so I bet it’ll be fine!

Just need to add the launch lug, hopefully tomorrow.
I made a big mistake with mine by tissuing it for strength and longevity. Made it far too heavy for even the highest impulse 13mm motor to get it high enough for more than a 10 second flight. Lesson learned. 😖
Keep yours bare balsa; use only markers if you want color.

Back