Ecee Thunder and Geminee Thunder Restoration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try to keep your overall weight down. There's a tradeoff — I tissued my glider and it survived a nose-down ballistic trajectory from about 50' without a scratch. The downside was that the tissue and dope added about an ounce of weight compared to @mikec's bare balsa Ecee Thunder.

I had some trouble getting the video to run, but finally succeeded. That was quite a loop under power. Any idea what happened?
The canard is in free flutter until motor eject, but I think without that extra speed from a higher thrust motor, the canard had to much control of the aircraft than normal, casing that pitch and loop thing. It was also a bit tail heavy, which probably didn’t help.

The canard is in free flutter until motor eject, but I think without that extra speed from a higher thrust motor, the canard had to much control of the aircraft than normal, casing that pitch and loop thing. It was also a bit tail heavy, which probably didn’t help.
If you try something else, be sure to post your results.

Well, it flew I guess. Was it good, no… was it cool, yes, very cool.

It was on a E9-4, it was a bit underpowered and a bit tail heavy… it decided to fly into the sun so sorry for the questionable filming
But it was fine

View attachment 564267

Maybe the flight was non-nominal, but it looked REALLY COOL!!!

Looking forward to seeing it in person soon!

Sandy.

Finally got around to fixing the Geminee Thunder, it wasn’t even that hard of a repair, just some wood glue.
I plan on flying next weekend along with the Ecee Thunder and hopefully my new Ecee.

Attachments

• 5C8B9301-B050-4AB8-BA52-8BBBC0BEC3FC.jpeg
    5C8B9301-B050-4AB8-BA52-8BBBC0BEC3FC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 9E095D97-C258-4D8B-8F15-2AC9635FE246.jpeg
    9E095D97-C258-4D8B-8F15-2AC9635FE246.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I flew the Geminee Thunder the other day and I would say it was 93% successful!

It went up, split and lazily wandered back down.

Link to video:

(Video may need time to process after I post this)

The missing 7% comes from some burns in the trailing edges, but nothing too major.

Back