Dragon Rocketry Temporary Store shut down

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I will be turning off Dragon Rocketry web store on 5/27 and will not be back on till after LDRS. If you need anything get it ordered within the next 2 weeks. Also if you are looking for something that is showing out of stock, send me an email and I will see if I can put it together.

Thank you for your support and hope to see you at LDRS

Last edited:
Okay let's put an end to the rumor mill.
No I am not selling the business.
No I am not going out of business

I am closing the online store on the 20th because I am going to be working on packing my trailer for LDRS, and once that is done, I do not want to go digging around in there to fill someone's order. Also I need some time to finish a few projects that I would like to fly at LDRS. I swear some people have nothing better to do then start crap.

I am closing the online store on the 20th because I am going to be working on packing my trailer for LDRS, and once that is done, I do not want to go digging around in there to fill someone's order. Also I need some time to finish a few projects that I would like to fly at LDRS. I swear some people have nothing better to do then start crap.
Whoever started the rumor was bored and needs to be taken out back for some "encouragement" about why rumors are bad.

Enjoy LDRS

I will be turning off Dragon Rocketry web store on 5/20 and will not be back on till after LDRS. If you need anything get it ordered within the next 2 weeks. Also if you are looking for something that is showing out of stock, send me an email and I will see if I can put it together.

I look forward to meeting you at LDRS. I'll have my 4" Fatboy to fly.

I am not gonna lie, I just saw this thread and that's exactly what the title made me think for a second. Then I read the first post and was like "oh, so just like ASP" which is also temporarily not taking orders for some of May and June, I believe.

Have fun at LDRS!

I never read it that way. And from what I've seen recently, you have been adding capacity and capabilities, which is generally not the behavior of a vendor right before exiting the business.

I never read it that way. And from what I've seen recently, you have been adding capacity and capabilities, which is generally not the behavior of a vendor right before exiting the business.
I think the rumor may have been born from a false pattern people noticed: lab rat rocketry was sold to IPL, and the first thing that happened was LRR shutting down temporarily. That was my first concern when I saw the thread without more context. May have been worth mentioning "While attending LDRS, Dragon Rocketry will be closed temporarily" in the title so people don't make bad assumptions... or you can make everyone panic for fun lol.

I think the rumor may have been born from a false pattern people noticed: lab rat rocketry was sold to IPL, and the first thing that happened was LRR shutting down temporarily. That was my first concern when I saw the thread without more context. May have been worth mentioning "While attending LDRS, Dragon Rocketry will be closed temporarily" in the title so people don't make bad assumptions... or you can make everyone panic for fun lol.

For what it is worth, sorry if the timing of my closure and sale muddied the waters for other vendors. Particularly those who are doing the responsible thing and temporarily closing while they are unable to fill orders. We've had a few, not many, take the money and not deliver issues with some vendors in the past, and existing vendors who refuse to take money without either 1) an explicit understanding that there will be a shipping delay, or even better, 2) refuse to take orders at all when there will be an extended fulfillment delay, should be applauded. Also, my temporary closure was due to my being out of the country, and thereby unable to fill orders. I've had similar closures many times in the past. Although the sale process had been in the works for awhile, the final timing of the sale just happened to coincide with my return, or the acquisition announcement would have come without a closure lead in.

I'm not trying to scold anyone. Just trying to throw out some perspective on why these temporary closures are coming from a good place, even if they seem inconvenient or suspectly timed. Try to give vendors the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, and please know that the rocketry community is so very small that rumors can be really damaging.

For what it is worth, sorry if the timing of my closure and sale muddied the waters for other vendors. Particularly those who are doing the responsible thing and temporarily closing while they are unable to fill orders. We've had a few, not many, take the money and not deliver issues with some vendors in the past, and existing vendors who refuse to take money without either 1) an explicit understanding that there will be a shipping delay, or even better, 2) refuse to take orders at all when there will be an extended fulfillment delay, should be applauded. Also, my temporary closure was due to my being out of the country, and thereby unable to fill orders. I've had similar closures many times in the past. Although the sale process had been in the works for awhile, the final timing of the sale just happened to coincide with my return, or the acquisition announcement would have come without a closure lead in.

I'm not trying to scold anyone. Just trying to throw out some perspective on why these temporary closures are coming from a good place, even if they seem inconvenient or suspectly timed. Try to give vendors the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, and please know that the rocketry community is so very small that rumors can be really damaging.
Ah didn't know that you were OOC, but none-the-less, thank you for clarifying. I highly doubt anyone holds anything against you; I just brought up LRR's closure because it was what came to mind. Sorry if I made things more confusing.

I will be turning off Dragon Rocketry web store on 5/20 and will not be back on till after LDRS. If you need anything get it ordered within the next 2 weeks. Also if you are looking for something that is showing out of stock, send me an email and I will see if I can put it together.

I look forward to meeting you at LDRS. It'll be a great time.

It's really weird anyone read your initial message as anything other than a temporary closure for LDRS. Lots of vendors shut temporarily for big launches or for plenty of other reasons, and your message was perfectly clear.

As others have said, have a great time at LDRS!

What a strange rumor for someone to start.

Almost like vendors don't need a break now and then, as well?

My thought when I read it was "Okay, Scott is going on a trip and letting customers know."

Enjoy LDRS!

-Kevin

I've been eyeing up a 3" Ram Jet forever. Will you have them at LDRS or can I preorder for pickup there?
I am going to try and get a couple kitted before LDRS
Nice kit. Mine will have it's maiden flight at LDRS. Looking forward to meeting Scott in person

IMG_0710.jpg

Back