Doubt regarding ratio of oxidiser to fuel in sugar rocket mix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adityaram

Reaction score
Im planning to do sugar rocket motor for my chemistry project. im planning to use KMnO4 as oxidiser and D-sucrose as the fuel. Im not sure on what ratio of oxidiser to fuel mix.
could anyone clarify this?

You are going to have a bad time. You might just find out what it's like to continue life with an instantaneous and irreversible change in lifestyle.

KMnO4 is not a rocket oxidizer. Period. For reasons that will be apparent if you go to the PROFESSIONAL literature and examine properties of useful oxidizers. Then examine properties of KMnO4. I won't say anything more; it's your life, spend it any way you like. I'm tired of trying to convince fifteen-year-olds that what they're attempting is a Very Bad Idea.

Hey, what do I know. I've only taught university chemistry for 42 years. Co-authored two chemistry textbooks---five editions of one of them. Wrote two books on preparing rocket propellant and designing motors. But I'm sure you know more than I do about catalytic activity, why transition-metal compounds are useful catalysts, why certain TMOs are better than others, what the proper ratio...never mind.

You do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back