Does anyboy else have a problems with Zune?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peartree

This is really weird.

My wife bought herself a Zune (and it's really sweet!) and the Zune and the Zune player all seem to work fine.

But...

Ever since we installed the Zune player, our print spooler is running in slow motion. It used to be, you sent to the printer and it started printing almost immediately. Ever since the Zune install, you send something to the printer, go and get a cup of tea, heat it up in the microwave and MAYBE when you come back the thing will start printing.

What the heck happened?

I'm pretty good with computers but (but not an expert) this is new to me.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't see why they would even be related.

Yeah, return it and get a better device. The Zune has a way of taking over your whole system, hogging resources and causing it to run at a snails pace.. That was my experience anyway. My fiancee surprised me with one and wound up exchanging it for a Creative Zen (I hate Ipods) since the Zune just gave me problems similar to yours.

My future father in law bought one and had issues just trying to install it on his pc. We were able to install it on two out of three computers, but not on the computer he wanted it to work on. And entire weekend of searching and trying fixes yielded absolutely no solution.

I know, not what you want to hear, but my experiences with the Zune weren't positive in the slightest. On the other hand, my creative mp3 player has been smooth and error free.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem is. Did you try any of the Zune forums?

We have two Zunes and they sync with multiple computers without any issues.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem is. Did you try any of the Zune forums?

We have two Zunes and they sync with multiple computers without any issues.

Please understand. the Zune seems to work fine and syncs fine. Since it's been installed the *printer* works like its stuck in molasses.

I'll search for the Zune forums and see if there are any solutions floating around. Thanks.

Please understand. the Zune seems to work fine and syncs fine. Since it's been installed the *printer* works like its stuck in molasses.

I'll search for the Zune forums and see if there are any solutions floating around. Thanks.
The main computer that the Zune's sync with is our printer spooler as well. We have three computers that use it to print and it prints fine. It is not slow whatsoever.

I hope you get this figured out. I know how frustrating that can be.

Maybe its interfering with the port assigned to the printer. With USB, that should not happen, but hey, its Microsoft. I seen all kinds of things that should not happen happen with Microsoft LOL.

Never had that problem. I have owned an iPod 30gb video (worst of the bunch), the Creative Zen (which was nice), and currently I own a 30gb Zune. I love it, and have never had any issues. My brother owns the 80gb version, and he prefers it over his old iPod as well.

Sorry to hear that yours is potentially giving you trouble, reinstalling is all I can guess.

I own a zune and dont have this issue. the proble could me the need of a good reg clean. that has solved many issues in 75% of the times. regcure is a great program and their are others out their. also zune needs the newest windows media player. because it can cause issues if you dont.

That might work but when cleaning the registry, one must proceed with extreme caution. Definitely make a back up of the registry if you do this in the event that something accidentally gets deleted and Windows fails to boot.

I would definitely consider troubleshooting elsewhere before tinkering with the registry.;)

The registry *should* be pretty clean since I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled everything just a few months ago fo fix another problem that I was having. I will check on the latest update of windows media player.

Would having a substandard (read that as Dell stock) video card mess things up? I have several other games and things that won't run until I get a new graphics card, if this is related to that it would move up the priority list.

Oh, what about memory. I am running XP with 1 Gig (which has been plenty up 'till now) but might Zune be wanting more than that?

I have been checking the Zune forums and haven't found anything but I posted a question there as well. Hopefully an answer will surface.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Go into the settings and set the graphics to minimum. That's what I did for my Dell laptop with integrated video. All you lose is an equalizer graphic at the bottom. The functionality is the same, and it frees up a lot of system resources.

nope graphix should not be an issue but you could try uninstalling the zune sofeware and reinstaling.

Maybe its interfering with the port assigned to the printer. With USB, that should not happen, but hey, its Microsoft. I seen all kinds of things that should not happen happen with Microsoft LOL.

Not that I'm a big Microsoft fan, but why do you assume it's a Microsoft problem. It was the Zune software that messed things up.

I know Microsoft isn't perfect, but I think they do a pretty good job considering they have tens of thousands of vendors out there writing drivers and software to run under their system and they get blamed when one of these guys writes halfa$$ed software that does things it shouldn't. Actually, considering the poor quality of most software that people try to use, it's amazing that more then half the pcs out there even run, much less run as well as they do.

Not that I'm a big Microsoft fan, but why do you assume it's a Microsoft problem. It was the Zune software that messed things up.

I know Microsoft isn't perfect, but I think they do a pretty good job considering they have tens of thousands of vendors out there writing drivers and software to run under their system and they get blamed when one of these guys writes halfa$$ed software that does things it shouldn't. Actually, considering the poor quality of most software that people try to use, it's amazing that more then half the pcs out there even run, much less run as well as they do.

I would agree except that in this case, the OS is Microsoft (Windows XP) and the software in question (Zune) was written by Microsoft. I should hope that they would be compatible.

I would agree except that in this case, the OS is Microsoft (Windows XP) and the software in question (Zune) was written by Microsoft. I should hope that they would be compatible.

Well there is the first problem, it says microsoft and there is not enough hope in the world for them....:lol: Now what would make you think that 2 products made by them would be compatible, they can't make one software be compatible with its self.

Latest posts

Back