• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Dinosaur paper (Z-fold with perforated strips)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few dozen sheets of that old-style computer printer paper that's Z-folded with the perforated strips on each side to feed through a 1985-style dot matrix printer. I'm looking for some really light bond paper to try for color printed body tube wraps that will minimize the addition of thickness & weight, and that stuff is the lightest I've found, by the specs. I just can't figure out how to buy less than the equivalent of about 10 reams of it for ~$100+/- in 2023. So I'm looking around to see if anyone has some sitting somewhere.

I've done a test print on the green-tinted, quad-ruled engineering pad paper we use at work. It's 15-lb bond, same as I see for the Z-fold stuff. It looks like it's probably about the minimum thickness that would work, which makes it exactly what I want to try. It did feed through the modern printer just fine.

I have 8 sheets that I use for marking guides on big rockets. Not for sale or give away. Saved from the dot matrix printer I had in the 80s. Don't know the weight, but it feels like about 20 lb.

Pretty sure I have some around here, somewhere - about a half a box of it.

Do you want a printer to go with it? I probably have four or five....

PM me an address.

-Kevin

Back