• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted DFW local machinist or lathe expert

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Aluminum ( 6061 ) pipe, 2" in diameter x 2' long, i need the ends faced and deburred. I know there are lots of machinist on TRF so i thought i would ask here.

Last edited:
How long are the pieces of 2" pipe? That will make a big difference for the machinists ability to work on them.

Anything else? Snapring groves? Holes? Tapping?
i do need holes drilled and tapped but was planning to do that myself. If it's not worth the time to just square off the ends then yeah, 16 holes drilled/tapped as well. I can supply a fusion360 file with everything laid out. If that goes ok then there's 3 other components that need lathe work coming right behind the tube.

i do need holes drilled and tapped but was planning to do that myself. If it's not worth the time to just square off the ends then yeah, 16 holes drilled/tapped as well. I can supply a fusion360 file with everything laid out. If that goes ok then there's 3 other components that need lathe work coming right behind the tube.
If you don't have any luck here, you might try the Dallas MakerSpace.
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Main_Page

Back