Der Red Sidewinder build....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul,
I am sorry I missed this thread..I was out last weekend...my son and I traveled to Indianapolis to watch his Colts play the Seahawks...what a great game! She turned out beautiful!! just gorgeous!!

THe nosecone is now done and pin striped with screws added.I had to place the screws on the nosecone base as they did not fit on top of the skulls where they belong ,the canard fins caused this space restriction.

Paul T

Paul,
I am sorry I missed this thread..I was out last weekend...my son and I traveled to Indianapolis to watch his Colts play the Seahawks...what a great game! She turned out beautiful!! just gorgeous!!

Thanks Rick !

it`s almost finished ,should post a bunch of pics Sunday night ,after our club`s high power launch...YEEHAWWWWWWw !

Take care

Paul T

A few pictures to offer .

As always ,I have many ,but apologize as usual for not doing so sooner.Sometimes work gets in the way of messin around with rockets ,but I think things are on track LOL

As always ,I thankyou for having a look at my stuff.

Take care !!

Paul T

phpCbhwshPM.jpg

phpdIFlmVPM.jpg

phpF8ezUGPM.jpg

phpFkwD9GPM.jpg

phpxwCo1iPM.jpg

The very last pictures of this build ,and we will call it done.

Thankyou and take care friends !

Paul T

phpEHAPZLPM.jpg

phprkAFb4PM.jpg

phpsvqXSnPM.jpg

Outstanding, Paul! Simply outstanding!

How is the lathe shopping going?

Outstanding, Paul! Simply outstanding!

How is the lathe shopping going?

Thanks Mr.Jim ,appreciated as always !!

Oh the lathe shopping is good.......it`s the funds that need working on LOL

I`m hoping around Christmas.Then I`ll check your nosecone "tutorials" and see what happens.

Take care

Paul T

That looks awesome Paul! very creative design! Be sure to let us know how it flies.

Thanks my friend !

I think flying season may be done for me ,unless I get a free weekend before it snows......and that`s comming soon :mad:

Cheers

Paul T

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhhh...I beg to differ my dear friend, you have the nosecone turning down to an art now (might get you a job at Sandman`s LOL)

I like that JET machine !

Paul T

Well regardless, if I can do it, I KNOW you can! And by the way, when you're shopping for a lathe, I HIGHLY recommend you only look at variable speed models.

Well regardless, if I can do it, I KNOW you can! And by the way, when you're shopping for a lathe, I HIGHLY recommend you only look at variable speed models.

Yes, variable speed is on my list, thanks for that Jim !

When the time comes, I`ll probably contact you via PM.

Paul T

Looks like we may be waiting until next spring, too. We need rain, and bad!

I need heat and bad LOL !

The farmers had record crops again this year in my Province (Manitoba) ,and the summer was great and the Autumn was very nice.

We are just now getting into the pre-winter chill ,so snow may happen any time.

I know the painting season is done ,and that`s a shame, as I had one more project I wanted to complete (Madcow FG 4"/5.5" Honest John) but may have to wait.I got the primer on and all the "detail bits" added ,just needs Flat Olive Drab ,gloss, Stickershock decals (need to order custom stuff) and back to flat.

I`m hoping I can get to our shop at work and finish it at our large welding bench ,but I need one of the foreman to let me in on a Saturday /Sunday for two ,2 hour sessions.

It may take bribe money, but It`ll be worth it.

Take care

Paul T

I'm not sure how you come up with all these ideas, but simply put, AMAZING. Beautiful job.

I'm not sure how you come up with all these ideas, but simply put, AMAZING. Beautiful job.

Thanks Ken !

Building the Estes version was good fun and a great flyer ,so I thought it would be fun to do a scratch build of another ,but a little different ,so I came up with this version.Besides ,I like Sidewinder missiles ,and this was a good opportunity to try something with that missile look.

Now I need to wait until spring to fly it unfortunately.

Take care

Paul t

Back