• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Decal/Fin Scans Of The Estes EAC Viper (0802)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My EAC Viper (0802) was sent with a balsa nosecone, and a note that the decals were included in the welcome packet (that I didn't get because it was an ebay purchase). I've seen that scigs30's 2010 build came with a blow molded nosecone and peel-and-stick decals. Unfortunately, he didn't scan them with a ruler before applying them (something he never seems to do).

I also can't see if his build came with Die-Cut (crushed) fins, or if it came with hand cut (like mine) fins.

So, if you've got an open bag/box version of this with the decals and/or Die-Cut fins, I'd really appreciate a scan of those with a good ruler (1/16" / 1mm rule or finer). The plastic noseconed version's instructions are available at JimZ's site, but his fin pattern and decals lack any indication of scale.

My scans of the balsa noseconed version's instructions and the fin patterns can be found in Woody's Workshop's post.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
More research turned up JAL3's build with the plastic nosecone, and he had to cut the fins himself. So, the odds of pre-cut fins looks a tad low.

I did 5 mins of photogrammetry on the marking guide and to pretty high confidence the root edge of the main fin pattern is 1.75".

Looking at the font they used for the EAC decals, I'm always impressed at just how whacked up it is. Mostly lowercase letter forms, but refusing to have any ascenders/descenders, so they end up with capital forms for the "L" and "B" in "club". That last word just looks like some 1970's ransom note.

Oh yeah, it's worth pointing out that the photo on the 4th page of the instructions shows vertical tip bars on the fins that aren't present on this version (at least) of the decal sheet.

Back