• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Estes Phoenix (1380) Scans/Info

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on stock sims for the Estes Phoenix (1380), and I'm aware of two confirmed versions, and a possible third.

Version one has waterslide decals and no clay for the nosecone.
1643884687639.png

Version two has waterslide decals and clay for the nosecone (the thing that makes me sure that this is the 2nd version is the instructions for applying the decals).
1643884761499.png

The unconfirmed version has self-adhesive decals.

JimZ's site has versions 1 and 2's instructions, John Brohm's body tube guide mentions the self-adhesive decals and heavy walled body tube for the motor, which doesn't match up with the 2nd version of JimZ's files.

I'm looking for any/all info on the versions of this kit, especially the later versions (instructions don't give lengths of parts or part numbers). Scans of the flat parts (fins, decals) (with a ruler for scale) are very appreciated.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
I'm especially interested in fresh scans of the fins and decals. JimZ's scans are old and/or have been doctored.

i sent them to jim also
ollie-oop

Attachments

• Estes Phoenix.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
The Estes Phoenix I have had waterside and clay. I saw someone's attempt to fly a very nicely finished Phoenix w/o clay in the nose and the outcome wasn't so good.
I had the little Madcow 2.2" Phoenix a few years back and I tried flying it with the stock balsa nose... didn't end well at all. I guess Estes was quick to fix that issue with the clay added to the kits.

Back