DARS Launches - Dallas Area Rocket Society

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, at the next launch I plan on bringing a few items to sell. If they don't sell locally, I'll put them in the FS section.

Perfect Flight Pnut used once, $35
24" Fruity Chute Orange and Black used twice, $40
Aerotech 24/40 case brand new, $25
Rouse Tech 38/240 case, use once $20

Last edited:
FYI, at the next launch I plan on bringing a few items to sell. If they don't sell locally, I'll put them in the FS section.

Perfect Flight Pnut used once, $35
24" Fruity Chute Orange and Black used twice, $40
Aerotech 24/40 case brand new, $25

Consider the Pnut sold, I need a spare for TARC

I'm giving a little thought to attending the next Kloudbuster launch on April 9th. Odds are pretty low but I'm curious, is anybody else going?

I'm giving a little thought to attending the next Kloudbuster launch on April 9th. Odds are pretty low but I'm curious, is anybody else going?

I hadn't planned on going to this launch but I can be talked into things easily :p

Less than 2 weeks to go!

Same... I hadn't considered it.. but now that you mentioned it.. and I just checked my work schedule and I happen to be free that saturday... where's it at?

Kloudburst is a 2 day launch hosted by Kloudbusters in Argonia Kansas. You would probably need to take off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is a 6 hour drive and most people camp on site.

Last edited:
I just finished my 5.5" scratch built Phoenix on Sunday, 9 hours to apply the decals. I may take this to Argonia Pyrobob if you know where I can get some motors :lol:

20160327_181813.jpg

Kloudburst is a 2 day launch hosted by Kloudbusters in Argonia Kansas. You would probably need to take off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is a 6 hour drive and most people camp on site.

Ughh nevermind. Gotta work.

I just finished my 5.5" scratch built Phoenix on Sunday, 9 hours to apply the decals. I may take this to Argonia Pyrobob if you know where I can get some motors :lol:

Wow that's nice. 9 hours to apply decals? I would have given up after 9 minutes? LOC parts?

Wow that's nice. 9 hours to apply decals? I would have given up after 9 minutes? LOC parts?

Yes, it's mostly LOC parts. I got the 48" body tube and 54mmx24" motor tube from the DARS stash, already had the short 5.5" LOC nosecone. Ordered the LOC ebay/payload section from Barry. Cut and glassed the fins from birch plywood. And of course the decals from stickershock23.com. Long time to build but I really enjoyed it, I've always loved the Phoenix.

Yes, it's mostly LOC parts. I got the 48" body tube and 54mmx24" motor tube from the DARS stash, already had the short 5.5" LOC nosecone. Ordered the LOC ebay/payload section from Barry. Cut and glassed the fins from birch plywood. And of course the decals from stickershock23.com. Long time to build but I really enjoyed it, I've always loved the Phoenix.

Was wondering about the NC and figured it had to be the original short LOC NC. I'm not sure how close it is to scale but it looks really good to me.

Yeah, the big bore White Lightning motors look to me like the shuttle SRB's. I was about a mile away when Marlin launched his full scale AMRAAM on an M1419W. It was kind of surreal in that you could clearly see the rocket well off the launch pad with fire and smoke, yet no noise. The sound finally caught up and the slow lift off just made it look like a pro rocket launching off in the distance. Really a cool thing to witness, and thanks to Jack P. for calling me just before it launched so I knew when to look!

According to the DARS web site, looks like there is a snap launch in Frisco, this Sunday, April 3. Mostly to give the TARC teams a last minute chance to get qualified, but I just might be able to make it over there.

Can I assume sport flying is allowed as well?

Yes sport flying is allowed.

I got out of school early today because of STAAR testing so why not build a rocket. Almost finished my Adventure3 rocket just a few finishing touches left. Trying to decide if I should bring it to the DARS meeting to show it off.IMG_5965.jpg

Soccer season starts today for my son. I just realized this will also interfere with Masters Sunday. :eek:

We might need another expedition to Hearne to get a High Power fix.

I assume it is now too late in the season for Asa as crops have commenced?

Back