Cz's Wildman Demon 98 Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cz,

Thanks for the build thread, looks great!

I'm building one for a Wildman CT drag race and one thing I wanted to check with you on is the 6 feet of kevlar strap noted...I had a 10' strap and cut it down to 6', but now it seems too short by about 2' of strap to match pic #2 of post #12. :facepalm:

Should it be 8'-10' of kevlar strap?

I measured by laying it down along the body tube/tailcone and making sure I had enough.
What motors are you guys flying the race on?

The main bt I have measures 33" and a 6' section of kevlar strap folded over with an overhand knot in it becomes 33", so it wouldn't extend above the bt and is shy by the same amount extending into the boat tail. No biggie, but I figured I'd note it since it's in the list of items to get. Since I don't have any more of the kevlar tape, I may use a ~9' section of 1/4" tubular kevlar the same way as the tape, but also knot the ends where they are epoxied to the mt for good measure.
The motor is an AT J460TL Blue Thunder...should be fun. :w:

Last edited:
I used a 8' length with about 8" glued to each side of the MMT. My knot is at the edge of the tube with about a 1 1/2" loop. Currently, I've got the vent band glued to the AV bay, and the body tube glued to the tailcone/fin unit. I have to drill all vent holes and shear pin holes yet and do the external fillets. I think I'll use Rocketpoxy for the fillets, w/o color (the dye makes it too runny and I worry that means less strength). My buddy Erik (starter of this thread) suggested black primer on the nose and tail to even out the sanding marks and fin beveled edges, so uncolored Rocketpoxy will get turned black that way. Then the whole rocket will get clear coated, and (hopefully) Stickershocked... Then beaten like a scalded cat on a AT 54/2800 dark matter in the Wildman MWP drag race... :cool: :cool:

Adrian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back