CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, sorry I tried to PM, but the site would't let me. It wouldn't let me upload these pics from a mobile either. Glad to hear all went well. Yes, the K1440WT is a BEAST!
IMG_3316.jpgIMG_3333.jpg

Anyone here have experience with the Pro-X Warranty Process? Had my first CTI motor failure Feb 6th. I found the warranty form on the website and filled it out. Per the instructions I sent it to the dealer where I purchased the motor (Apogee Components in this case). What happens next? Should all communication go through Apogee, or will CTI contact me directly...? How long should I expect to wait before hearing something back?

Anyone here have experience with the Pro-X Warranty Process? Had my first CTI motor failure Feb 6th. I found the warranty form on the website and filled it out. Per the instructions I sent it to the dealer where I purchased the motor (Apogee Components in this case). What happens next? Should all communication go through Apogee, or will CTI contact me directly...? How long should I expect to wait before hearing something back?

Your dealer will take care of the warranty. The time it takes depends on the dealer and the type of product. Some dealers will take product from inventory and take care of the warranty directly. Others will wait for our warranty replacements parts and forward those.

Jeroen

Does anyone know what the current certification status is for the 29mm 3gr. H410-14 vmax? I have one (and a few more on order) and was planning on using it for a drag race...I found the "procedures" for flying a de-certified motor, but that only applies if it was de-certified for being out of production, not for safety reasons.

Almost positive that one is certified. It's one heck of a motor as well. Launches are "3..2..1.. GONE".

It's one of my favorite motors.

CTI
Differences between gen 1 & 2 54mm?
I have a 54-6gr case and purchased a K445 - the exterior tubing of the K445 (dark grey) wouldn't fit into my casing , ran some sand paper on the edge, still no. Installed K675 (plastic lines cardboard) slides in fine.

Is the Gen 2 a slightly larger ID to fit the dark grey liners or is there a problem with the OD of the K445?
Thank you
Nick Adams

The important part of gen1 vs gen2 is moving the thrust ring off the casing and onto the closures. That only needed to be done with 75mm and 98mm, all smaller sizes were that way to begin with.

Having the thrust ring built into the case rather than the aft closure was always a superior method as far as I was concerned. If the aft closure is your thrust ring and you have an aft closure failure, your motor casing shoots up through your rocket, destroying your electronics and parachutes. If the thrust ring is integral to the case, then the aft closure simply shoots downward and the entire rocket goes upward.

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon, P.E. [emoji1010]

Having the thrust ring built into the case rather than the aft closure was always a superior method as far as I was concerned. If the aft closure is your thrust ring and you have an aft closure failure, your motor casing shoots up through your rocket, destroying your electronics and parachutes. If the thrust ring is integral to the case, then the aft closure simply shoots downward and the entire rocket goes upward.

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon, P.E. [emoji1010]

I've had the thrust ring on the case shear off and have the case still shoot through the rocket.

The Cesaroni cases actually have a thrust ring that is a solid part of the case body, not a snap ring like AMW. Loki used to do that for their 54mm case as well.
Snap ring type thrust rings are much less capable of withstanding thrust compared to the old CTI machined-in thrust ring.

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon, L3CC [emoji1010]

The Cesaroni cases actually have a thrust ring that is a solid part of the case body, not a snap ring like AMW. Loki used to do that for their 54mm case as well.
Snap ring type thrust rings are much less capable of withstanding thrust compared to the old CTI machined-in thrust ring.

Actually, cti 75 and 98mm thrust rings on gen 1 was welded on, the old Loki 54mm were left when they are turned down.

I didn't realize they were welded on. It's not evident looking at my 98 mm CTI case. Very nicely done and very solid. Can I assume they turned and threaded them on a lathe after welding then?

I didn't realize they were welded on. It's not evident looking at my 98 mm CTI case. Very nicely done and very solid. Can I assume they turned and threaded them on a lathe after welding then?

That one I don't know completely. I know they are turned on the lathe but I don't know when the thrust rings get welded on. Did you see the very small evidence of the weld?

Latest posts

Back