csv files ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some data sources will allow you to select your delimiting character, you can do that on as IBM AS/400 but unfortunately you can't do it in Excel AFAIK. You can always do a search-and-replace in the file for "," and replace it with "|", as long as the data is quote-framed.

Some data sources will allow you to select your delimiting character, you can do that on as IBM AS/400 but unfortunately you can't do it in Excel AFAIK. You can always do a search-and-replace in the file for "," and replace it with "|", as long as the data is quote-framed.
Yeah, that's usually the issue, no quotes, and since there's no actual CSV standard, some generators will use an escape character ( 🤮 ). Don't get me wrong, I love a good esc char, but in CSV it's a nightmare.

In some CSV libs, at least in Ruby's CSV lib, you can just specify the separation char and still use all the same options for read & write etc.

Pipes would suck if ur expecting shell input as well, tho would make for some interesting command injection opportunities/challenges

Josh

Also, thanks for the quick update on my order question (email).

This has been a very interesting thread on delimiter characters, but I still want to know what is in the csv file the OP is going to import into OR!
Yeah sorry. I made myself not post anything more. Anyway, looks like you can import a png file at least. I dunno about a CSV.

Yeah, tabs are a very good middle ground, they don't usually show up in "regular" strings that would end up in such a file/format. There's always vertical tab (0x0b), nothing uses that anymore...as long as it's not unicode anyway
Josh
Caret "^" for delimiters. (It's a MUMPS thing. EVERYTHING in the VA's VistA app suite is caret-delimited.)

I see export .csv on this tab, but nothing about importing .csv as the OP desires.

Anyway, I thought it would be something more exciting than fin shape points.
+1

I would love to be able to import data from my Blue Raven to overlay on the Sim Data from OR :)

And then there is CD -vs- Mach Number ... and, and, and ...

-- kjh

Back