CRMRC monthly Launch tomorrow (saturday) (St. Alban's VT, jsut south of Montreal)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Rocketeers, Wannabees, and Wannawatch,

The Champlain Region Model Rocket Club (CRMRC) September launch is Saturday, September 15, starting at 0900 hrs on the field we use off Maquam Shore Road, near St. Albans, VT. The turnoff to where we launch is under 2 miles from the traffic circle near the St. Albans Bay Town Park, on the right, and will be marked with a white sign with black letters that says "CRMRC".

Anyone is welcome to attend and watch. Bring rockets and motors to fly if you have them, or buy a CRMRC saucer kit on the field, decorate it, put it together and fly it then and there. As always, dress for weather, bring drinks, and bring a chair to sit on. A table is useful if you will be flying rockets. The weather is predicted to be mostly sunny and winds under 10mph.

Typically, we have been having about 30 flights a day, ranging from less than 100 feet to our ceiling of 10000 feet. Rockets from a few inches to over 10 feet tall and from almost an ounce to almost 100 pounds. While I do not know what everyone is flying, I can say that one member has asked me to bring our large launch pad and 300 feet of cord -- this means someone is planning on a large rocket with a very large motor, assuming conditions hold. I cannot tell you what else is being planned as people are not required to let us know in advance unless it is something big.

Hope to see you there.

Have a great launch! We got firebanned out here in Alberta, hopefully a launch next week.

Back