Composite Warehouse: wish I had joined this forum sooner!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAM

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered parts late Oct. and have sent e-mail several times asking when I could expect my order, all ignored. Finally got him on the phone last week and was told the nosecone was the holdup and the order would go out this week, it didn't. Phone now goes straight to voicemail and I've left several messages (all of which have been unanswered). If the order is not shipped tomorrow I Will do a Charge back to get my money back (you have 90 days). I really wanted the parts though!!!!

In my experience emails are useless. I think they get spam filtered or something. I was waiting almost 12 months for a kit. One phone call had it shipped out two days later and I quickly received it. Very happy with the quality. Use phone calls and not emails. I have heard that if you ask for a refund they will process it very quickly.

No, generaly OD > ID. :)

I am sorry, that was funny and make me chuckle.

I have WM and stuff that Curtis has made and they are the same. Now, to say that is the case for ALL their products, I cannot make that claim. 4" stuff though is a dead ringer.

Bought a 3" Bullpup from CW and the part fitment was literal junk. Centering rings were sized for the OD of the tube, not the ID so sanding took eternity, the canard slots in the nose were too long and too wide, the aft fin slots were too thin and slightly too short. I got a Wildman Darkstar JR off a friend and the fitment is 100% better. Not perfect but much much better.

I am sorry, that was funny and make me chuckle.

I have WM and stuff that Curtis has made and they are the same. Now, to say that is the case for ALL their products, I cannot make that claim. 4" stuff though is a dead ringer.
I don't think Cutris has made WM kits for years now. Probably 5-10 years.

I don't think Cutris has made WM kits for years now. Probably 5-10 years.
Correct. Part, if not all, of the genesis of the signature red fiberglass was the need to break away from single source availability (or total lack thereof).

Wildman now makes the tubes for Mad Cow, although there are a few Curtis legacy fiberglass kits still in stock.

Not sure if they're currently 100% form/fit interchangeable across all sizes, but my 3" stuff from both is pretty darn close.

Last edited:
Are you sure he makes tubes for Mad Cow, or is someone making them for him and he distributes them to Mad Cow?
Tim had confirmed in at least one other thread that the red spec tubes and black nosecones now listed in the description of the formerly MC and RW designs are his material.

I have had that confirmed by another 3rd party as well.

Tim had confirmed in at least one other thread that the red spec tubes and black nosecones now listed in the description of the formerly MC and RW designs are his material.

I have had that confirmed by another 3rd party as well.

His material does not mean he makes it. I am just clarifying, but I do not think WM manufactures his own tubes.

His material does not mean he makes it. I am just clarifying, but I do not think WM manufactures his own tubes.

I believe that you are correct in that Tim does not himself personally make his own fiberglass.
Historically he has said that he funded/set up/bought into/whatever exclusive manufacturing/supply from a 3rd party that is NOT CT nor has anything to do with CT.

You want Wildman red tube, you gotta go through Wildman.

And Tim has said that he's now supplying Mad Cow, and that's a big reason why Mad Cow fiberglass designs have shown up in his store.

Last edited:
I believe that you are correct in that Tim does not himself personally make his own fiberglass.
Historically he has said that he funded/set up/bought into/whatever exclusive manufacturing/supply from a 3rd party that is NOT CT nor has anything to do with CT.

You want Wildman red tube, you gotta go through Wildman.

And Tim has said that he's now supplying Mad Cow, and that's a big reason why Mad Cow fiberglass designs have shown up in his store.

WM's fiberglass is superior in my book. I personally purchase some fiberglass locally for some small projects.

Back