Anyone ever had a Paypal account canceled for buying rocketry stuff?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm . . . I wonder how their "algorithms" would interpret these purchases, all going to the same person, at the same address ?

(1) Chinese e-matches from eBay.
(2) Black Powder
(3) Ammonium Perchlorate
(4) 400 mesh Aluminum powder
(5) Pyrogen Dip
(6) Books on "related subjects"
etc, etc, etc.
I wouldn't buy oxidizers and aluminum from the same vendor through the mail or using Paypal, especially after the injuction against Firefox years ago. For those with the appropriate permits the amounts wouldn't matter and you probanly wouldn't be using Paypal anyway.

I wouldn't buy oxidizers and aluminum from the same vendor through the mail or using Paypal, especially after the injuction against Firefox years ago. For those with the appropriate permits the amounts wouldn't matter and you probanly wouldn't be using Paypal anyway.
Since FireFox got busted, I haven't touched them with ten foot poles. You know their files got uploaded to some Fed agency and set up with trip wires. Back in the days of alley oops, before we won the court case, they could knock on your door 24/7 and ask for your inventory records and physical inspection of your lockbox. I don't have a problem with a human in the loop, but if an algorithm determined I was a terrorist, maybe, well, I won't say it here, but there is a gun store inside a liquor store just a few miles away. Yup, that's a great idea. Just an old dude flying toy rockets. Never flown one in anger. Jes' sayin'...

I'm stubborn. I could probably get it sorted out if I used my text transcription phone, but it annoys me so much that I just haven't done it... for a year.

Don't let that drag out too long. My dad is old, hard of hearing, and pathologically stubborn. The harm he has caused himself by not doing what he had to do to overcome systems that were poor at providing service is staggering.

Didn't we used to have a rule about the length of signature blocks?

Dont they do the same thing as the 'merican ones???

Sorry, I get it but hypocrisy bugs me.....
Most ematches are a grey area for people to purchase and store without permits. MJG Firewire Initiators are the only one on the market specifically allowed for consumers. Use those to avoid any questions.

I'm curious - to what incident(s) are you referring to about Firefox?

I'm curious - to what incident(s) are you referring to about Firefox?

To sum up a long story: There were a few online vendors, FireFox was one of them, who sold various chemicals and tubes who were accused of selling M-80 kits. Firefox did survive, but changes were made with certain combinations of chemicals and supplies flagging orders at potential boomer makers and orders were cancelled. Some vendors required ATF permits to be on file before they would sell some things to cover themselves.

Who doesn't take regular credit cards?
I've always been a bit reluctant to hand over my CC# to some random internet vendor. By going through Paypal, I can still use my credit card, but it doesn't get seen by the vendor.

To sum up a long story: There were a few online vendors, FireFox was one of them, who sold various chemicals and tubes who were accused of selling M-80 kits. Firefox did survive, but changes were made with certain combinations of chemicals and supplies flagging orders at potential boomer makers and orders were cancelled. Some vendors required ATF permits to be on file before they would sell some things to cover themselves.
OK, I thought it was a reference to the FireFox browser not a retailer.

Back